Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Holidays, who do you book with

I'm looking at next years summer holiday and wondered who everyone books with when they go abroad. Last time we booked through Cosmos and had a problem. I complained as they were poor at sorting the problem out and they threw a £250 voucher at me, which I wasn't happy with because I don't want to book with them again.

But I've looked at First Choice, Thomsons and Thomas Cook and they are all double the price of Cosmos So I'm stuck with booking with Cosmos again because they are a lot cheaper and I have my voucher.

Who else can I look at using. I've tried Airtours, who are Thomas Cook and I've also had a quick look at Asda, who were surprisingly expensive.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

We use onthebeach.com and never had a problem, even when we got caught up in all the volcanic ash problems they were excellent and sorted us out ASAP.

If we are going to a villa then we book everything separately.

3. Likes JCrakers liked this post
    Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

We usually go on teletext holidays and then book through whoever is cheapest on there. This year it was broadway travel, they were excellent! We've also used jet2 holidays who were good too. Heard good things about onthebeach.com and also icelolly.com

5. Likes JCrakers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have always used Sunshine (for the last 3 years) and never had a problem. We have found them to be cheaper, and there are no hidden costs.

I've just booked my Nanna and Grandad a holiday in Oct to Benidorm through Sunshine at a really good price!

7. Likes JCrakers liked this post
    Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We go skiing every year and use Crystal. They use jet2 planes and we've never had any problems. We book everything through Crystal including ski passes etc and they've always been really good.
    love Sarah.

9. Likes JCrakers liked this post
    Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We booked with Thomas Cook this year and found us to be £800 cheaper than anywhere else, we did use their website though instead of in the store.

Ive used Onthebeach.com, icelolly.com and Directline holidays before and all have been excellent
    Fiona xx

11. Likes JCrakers liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

We went with Thomson for this years holiday because they have better long haul flights than other companies.

We usually use easy jet as they now do package holidays, are dirt cheap and we can fly from Bristol.

Have heard good things about onthebeach and icelolly. We can't go away until October next year and its too early to start looking yet but we think we will do a week in Portugal. So expensive wherever you go now we need to go in school holidays!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Post Thanks / Like

I book my accommodation with someone like owners direct and then book my own flights. We always go sc but if you wanted fully inclusive etc then maybe you'd have to go through a travel agent. I've found it works out cheaper for me

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum
    Mandy xx

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've booked with Thomas cook already for nx year was a lot cheaper for some reason
    Although u always book with them lol

Post Thanks / Like

Olympic are very good and really cheap

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Travel republic twice no issues