Annoying Things...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Annoying Things...

Lets do a list! I love lists!

* I have been looking forward to a nice hot bath and a cold glass of wine all day....went in the bathroom to turn the hot tap off and "pow!"......the stupid fiddly I-darent-change-it-in-a-dark-steamy-bathroom, light has blown. Marvellous.

* Ive been storing some frozen food for a friend whos freezer has died..go in the freezer today and it seems that half of it has been eaten by passing bears. (Or possibly MrS...). So great, Im going to have to replace all that now.

What would you like to add to the list?

Sx

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Annoying Things...

- A husband who works from home on Fridays and yet, when I get home from a long day of creches, activities and courses for parents, says to me 'what are you cooking for dinner?'

-A son who leaves piles of dishes in his bedroom and brings them down to stack in the sink expecting the little magioc fairies to wash them up
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

may 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

- loading the washing machine with a dark wash, having checked all the pockets only to find when the wash has finished that a tissue MUST have been left somewhere and tissue bits have covered the whole wash i hate that.

Jo

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

- A daughter who asks to go somewhere totally unsuitable at the weekend and when I say no tells me she ought to have lied

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Having to unload the dishwasher before i can stack the dirty dishes in the sink into it.

Odd socks that come out of the washing machine when i know i only put pairs in.

The way my family all suddenly decide that they need to be doing something in the kitchen at 4 o,clock when i need to be getting dinner for mindees.

How when i let mindees choose a DVD to watch they can never agree.

How whenever i manage to get my paperwork up to date Ofsted bring something else out.

Doing my accounts. It seems to come round so fast
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

* when I am waiting for a delivery and just as I decide to take a chance for a "few minutes "in the toilet ..the doorbell rings!

* my daughter who comes home for the weekend complete with 2 weeks of washing and all her bedding and towels!

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

how my husband seems to find time to polish the engine bay of his beetle - but never has time to do any washing/ironing/cleaning etc - despite being out of work.

and how when i get up and think i will get on with the jobs that 'dh' leaves for me to do, i get an ear bashing for not having taken ds outside on a lovely day when he gets back in from the gym..... but i know i will get the same type of ear bashing if the house is left a tip.
    Blessed Be!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a real bug bear of mine, and it might cause offence....but I cannot STAND seeing grown adults schlepping around the streets in tracksuits. (Not joggers - just people..you know what I mean?)

I think it says so much about the state of this country that that is concidered not only acceptable but even fashionable.

I also really really HATE the crowd on Britains Got Talent. Well, I hate the whole program, but my daughter loves it, so I have to endure the weekly "WWWWOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"ing of "OFFOFFOFF" ing. I like to think we have evolved as a species, but obviously I was wrong!

I also cannot stand the way I have to unbutton my trousers after eating a meal. Does that meake me an old fogey or WHAT?!

Sx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How I clean the house and 10 minutes after everyone comes home it looks like it hasn't been touched.

How I do all the washing and DS brings armfuls down for another 3 loads.

How DS never puts his clothes the right way round.

How DH always watched TV which seems to conflict with the program that I am watching and it stops the recording.

How "my time" always gets engulfed with everyone else's problems.

There isn't enough space on here but as you can see from the above, I am perfect!!
    Debbie

TheBTeam Guest

My husband, my husband and again my husband!!

When i ask him for help, I give up waiting, and yet when he wants help he has to be like yesterday!!

How if he wants to relax we all should, but when i do (and i work harder), I am lazy!!

Post Thanks / Like

How if he wants to relax we all should, but when i do (and i work harder), I am lazy!!

I hear that!

I have just thought of another one - one of my kids is currently being dropped off and picked up by her grandad and instead of knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell like a normal person he peers through the front room windows and taps on the windows! It is SO annoying. He doesnt speak English though, so I cant really address the problem with him, and I feel like if I said something to the mum it would come accross like I was being petty. It winds me up every day though!

Sx

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schnakes View Post

I hear that!

I have just thought of another one - one of my kids is currently being dropped off and picked up by her grandad and instead of knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell like a normal person he peers through the front room windows and taps on the windows! It is SO annoying. He doesnt speak English though, so I cant really address the problem with him, and I feel like if I said something to the mum it would come accross like I was being petty. It winds me up every day though!

Sx
    i'd draw my curtains or play in another room to put a stop to that one!!
    Blessed Be!

Post Thanks / Like

My house is totally open plan downstairs, apart from the hall, so unless I hid everyone in the cupboard under the stairs...!!!

Think I will do the curtains though..I think it looks so scruffy to have curtains closed during the day...still...its one or the other! LOL!!

Sx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Made a lovely roast, family enjoyed it, so did i. Had a very naughty dessert too!
    Then it was time to tidy the dishes...saw the rest of the meat left over, thought i'd have a little piece.... oh bother... broke the back of me molar off
    Would'nt mind it was a lovely piece of meat
    So i'm off to the walk in dentist centre
    I am so scared of the dentist
    Last edited by ORKSIE; 26-04-2009 at 09:10 PM.
    Needs to Zumba

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hide behind the sofa Schnakes, like I did in DR Who when i was little
    Needs to Zumba

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

when you go to the toilet and the world wants to talk to you there and then

or you just sit down and the dog wants a wee

No i havent got weeing on the brain

or you climb to the top of a hill and you need a wee and theres a waterfall near by which isnt helping (that happened today to me, 3 miles down!!!!! )
    One life live it

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

- When you go to the toilet to sit down and the seat is wet

- When you go to the toilet and the 3 year old creeps up to say boo

- When you need a wee and you've just been, got everyone ready, got in the car and started the engine... and you have to get them all out again because your toilet / car are not within sight / hearing distance of each other

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schnakes View Post
    My house is totally open plan downstairs, apart from the hall, so unless I hid everyone in the cupboard under the stairs...!!!

Think I will do the curtains though..I think it looks so scruffy to have curtains closed during the day...still...its one or the other! LOL!!

Sx
    well i can't say i've never put the mindees in the cupboard under the stairs for the day! !
    make it into a game, play cinemas or something!!
    Blessed Be!

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    - When you go to the toilet to sit down and the seat is wet

- When you go to the toilet and the 3 year old creeps up to say boo

- When you need a wee and you've just been, got everyone ready, got in the car and started the engine... and you have to get them all out again because your toilet / car are not within sight / hearing distance of each other
    i think you and i like to wee in peace
    One life live it

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

DH

knowing that ofsted are coming in 40 hours to do my inspection and leaving the house to go to Prague on a jolly with his uni mates looking like a bomb has gone off.

not even putting the rubbish out before he went

leaving two tons of washing that i did on saturday morning on the drying frame dry but unsorted

i could go on but i am meant to be updating the LJ and haven't even started them yet and i haven't touched them really since xmas so i know it's going to take hours

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast