Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

What’s everyone got planned for today?

My Fridays are becoming rather mundane - a lie in, nice long shower rather than my usual 5 minute rush, a bit of sorting out and a quick trip to a supermarket. I’m missing the time when I could spend my day off meeting a friend for coffee, having a wander round the shops or jumping on the train to go and visit my son. Or if DH was off work we’d travel further afield for a nice lunch and a wander round the area. I need to think up some more exciting things to do on a Friday! It doesn’t help that the weather is so grim most of the time.

For my sorting out job today I’m going to be venturing under the bed! I can’t even remember the last time I pulled everything out from under there so I’m wondering what treasures I’ll find! I do know it’s very dusty under there One of the cats sleeps under the bed at night so they’re not going to be happy when I disturb their comfy spot!

This evening will be takeaway night and the new season of NCIS on the TV...it doesn’t get much more exciting than that

Have good days everyone

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Friday!

I had a few plans today .... but one child arrived with plans to construct a sculpture ... luckily i have a pile of bits in the recycling! and the other 2 little ones are busy with the duplo and the fairies and loose parts! we'll see where the day takes us! hoping to get outside at some point too!

Looking forward to this evening ... I'm taking part in a zoom 'voicefullness' session ... wellbeing and calming and 'mindfullness' but whilst we sing. Its really good and sets me up for a relaxed weekend.

No plans for the weekend, apart from collecting my new glasses. Only gone up .25, but optician recommended I got them ( i wasn't aware that my old ones 'weren't working' ... i've also bought a few pairs of 'reading' glasses 'off the shelf' and on using those whilst i wait for my 'proper' glasses ... I'm finding that actually they make a lot of difference !!! i'm almost having to wear them for anything reading related now! luckily though, children's books all have big print, so i'm safe there! I'm not keen on this getting old lark !!!!

stay warm and dry everyone. I hope no one is badly affected by any flooding. Round by us, some roads are under alot of water, and some farms have turned into huge lakes and islands. i think everyone is ok though.

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse which season of NCIS are you on? We were quite up to date but no longer have the channel which has the newest episodes it's about the only program DH and I watch together. We record them then catch up when he is home from work.

Its very cold here today but bright and sunny so we are about to go out in the garden, they are just finishing their puzzles first.

No weekend plans here just the same as the last couple of weekends, walking the dog and pottering about at home, like you Mouse I long for the days when I can meet up with family and friends as DH works away the weekends are so quiet where normally I would see friends and family. I may actually book our holiday cottage this weekend ready for the summer, and friend and I have booked tickets for a show in the Autumn with the hope that things will be ok by then.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo, voicefullness sounds amazing!

It's a stunning winter's day here so we have been out for a big walk. It was very slippery though and I went flying. I just about stopped myself from hitting the ground but my knee took a bit of a strain. It seems ok now though, fingers crossed. We then stuck to the main roads, which obviously isn't as pretty as the back route we normally walk, but we saw lots of buds and shoots, plus the 'carrot lorry' (Sainsbury's van) several times, which made mindee's day!

It's 'fish finger Friday' today (his favourite to eat and my favourite to prepare!), so I don't even have to think when I prepare lunch on Fridays. I love it!

No plans for the weekend. We'll have a nice local walk each day and I need to have a good tidy up - I've got piles of random stuff building up everywhere.

Have you packed away your playroom Mouse? I might do it half of it today when mindee is napping. I didn't pack away any of it last weekend and it irritated us all. us all. If it gets to Saturday afternoon I end up thinking that there is no point doing it now as it will soon be time to get it all out again.

Happy weekend everyone.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

.... we had a picnic lunch in the garden !!!! The v sun was shining on a sheltered spot and it rather pleasant!!!! .... OK.... we all had coats/ all in ones and hats on .... but still fun!

Oh Maza, hope your knee is OK. Your local walks sound lovely.

I've just heard that the carpark i was planning on parking in tomorrow is a couple of feet under water at the moment

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to ( well don’t but they would annoy me down all weekend);take up the playrooms foam mats, the halls wood/ river scene mat, the kitchen diner has a road mat. Have oak and ceramic floors so have these mats down all week where the children play. Bad enough doing them! Oh and putting booster chairs away.

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Mouse which season of NCIS are you on? We were quite up to date but no longer have the channel which has the newest episodes it's about the only program DH and I watch together. We record them then catch up when he is home from work.
    It's season 18 that started tonight. I've still got the last 3 episodes of season 17 to watch but I don't think it matters too much of you watch them out of order!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Have you packed away your playroom Mouse? I might do it half of it today when mindee is napping. I didn't pack away any of it last weekend and it irritated us all. us all. If it gets to Saturday afternoon I end up thinking that there is no point doing it now as it will soon be time to get it all out again.
    Yes, it's getting to be a routine now! The children have all gone home by 3.30pm on a Thursday so I pack it all away then. I usually just want to sit down when they've all gone, but I'm really glad that I'm making myself do it

12. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post