Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

We've got another wet and miserable day, but at least the children have all brought wellies with them so they can do a spot of puddle jumping on our walk after snack time I've still got one mindee being kept at home during the lockdown, so the children have made him another picture which we'll post while we're out. It's our way of keeping in touch with him until he's back.

What time do you start work in the morning? Until the first lockdown last March I'd been doing 7am starts for a couple of years. Since the children came back in June I've been doing mainly 9am starts with the odd 8.30 start when needed. I was saying to DH this morning that I don't know how I managed to 7am starts and 5.30 finishes. It's no wonder I was always so tired I know I'll have to go back to longer days at some point, but for now I'm enjoying working 9am - 3.30pm

That was quick! The children have all finished their snacks so we're going to get ready and go out. The rain has actually stopped so we'll make the most of it!

Catch you all later

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's raining, It's pouring and all the children are yawning !!!!

Actually, our morning has gone really fast with lots of singing and dancing, and a vast amount of painting! ...i'm just sat at laptop, next to printer trying to sort it out ... it decided it had a paper jam ( and didn't ! ) and refused to print something DD sent it ... She is in a strop as she didn't save the work and now it is 'gone' .... although i am sure it will be in her 'word' documents as something sent to printer, even if she didn't save it ... as that's how i've found things i've accidently deleted! So i'm just doing a quick 'reset' of the printer. All small children currently causing chaos and smallest mindee ... washing her hands in the sink .... YEP ... STILL obsessed

think we're going to have another film afternoon! fingers crossed it isn't 'BIG MACHINES' again !!!!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha, ha it’s raining it’s pouring and all the children are yawning. Great saying.

Mouse I used to do 6.30am till 5-5.15 years ago . Now I do 8-4 but would start at 7.30 lf needed . But I couldn’t do late days now. Too many other commitments.

been out in the wet with children this morning ,made a campfire. Luckily couldn’t light it . Pretend fire!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse I was doing 8am-5 4 days a week and one day its 5.30pm finish but one mum has now asked if she can do a 7.45am start instead of 8am which started this week and I am finding it so much harder starting just 15 minutes earlier which considering this time last year I was doing 7.30am-6pm 5 days a week !

We have had a lovely day just the 2 x 4 year olds, I am really enjoying Wednesdays at the moment. We have had play dough out, been in the garden and lots of drawing as one of them can now write their name so wants to 'write' all day long.

My parents who are in their late 70s have been given a date for their covid vaccination later in the week, they can't wait.

Tonight I am doing a free webinar, there have been a few really interesting ones the last few weeks and I quite enjoy the whole experiences of sitting their with a mug of tea not having to travel to a venue after work for training. Tonight its about supporting early years practitioners through lockdown 3.

I have started to look for holiday accommodation for the summer as we are looking to go to the Peak District for a week, has anyone else started to think about plans for the summer ?
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post

My parents who are in their late 70s have been given a date for their covid vaccination later in the week, they can't wait.
    That’s great news, Pixie.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse, I work 8-4pm. I have turned down a couple of families because they needed a 7.30 start. We are just terrified of annoying our neighbours (neighbours in our old place hated me childminding) and so DH is being very strict about not starting before 8am. It's lovely at the moment, especially as DD only has to get up for home schooling. I currently finish at 4, which is beyond amazing. I used to finish at 6.15. I was so exhausted.

We had to take the puppy/dog to get his booster tonight after work. Bless him, he is so scared in the car, he just trembles and can't sit still.

Pixie - we are wondering how we will ever go on holiday again now that we have got a dog. He suffers so much from separation anxiety and we have no family nearby who would be willing to look after him for us. Really not sure he would cope in kennels. As I said earlier, he can't stand the 7 minute journey to the vets, so not sure how we could take him on holiday with us.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie - we are wondering how we will ever go on holiday again now that we have got a dog. He suffers so much from separation anxiety and we have no family nearby who would be willing to look after him for us. Really not sure he would cope in kennels. As I said earlier, he can't stand the 7 minute journey to the vets, so not sure how we could take him on holiday with us.
    Maza we have taken ours out regularly in the car since we first got him and he has got used to it, he isn't always happy when he sees the car keys. In the summer we went to The Lake District which is about five and half hours from where we live and he was fine (we stopped regularly for toilet breaks). Most weekends we will go somewhere different for a walk which might only be 10/15 minutes away. Maybe you can build it up with really short trips in the car. Ours has a harness and seatbelt attachment that clips on to the isofix fixing so he can see everything going on.
    Pixie Dust

9. Likes Maza liked this post