It’s the weekend
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend

This morning I was lying in bed, listening to the traffic, and thought it sounded a lot quieter than normal. It’s the first time since this new lockdown started that I’ve really noticed a difference. I remember in the first lockdown the road outside was eerily quiet at the weekend, but up until now, this lockdown hadn’t seemed to make much of a difference to traffic levels.

This time last year I was on a weekend away with friends. What a lot’s happened since then! That weekend we were on packed trains, in busy bars, hugging friends and sharing hotel rooms with people who weren’t from our household
    We hadn’t heard of lockdown, furlough or Zoom. Face masks and hand sanitizer weren’t everyday essentials and we’d never have imagined we’d have to queue to get into a shop. How quickly things changed!

My back is still a bit niggly today so I won’t be doing any major lifting or carrying. I’m going to do my once a week visit to a shop as I need a couple of birthday cards and a few bits I couldn’t get on my online food shop. I’m torn as to whether birthday cards count as essential shopping, but I do also need lightbulbs (which are essential) so as long as I can get them both from one shop I don’t feel I’m breaking any rules

Enjoy your weekends. Has anyone managed to plan anything nice to do?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy weekend everyone.

Not really got any plans here, weather is cold and we have had snow/sleet and rain so far this morning. I will have to venture out with the dog at some point.

I feel a cosy afternoon curled up on the sofa with a book is whats needed.

Mouse I was lucky and ordered all the birthday cards I need for the next 2 months online, I had a code for 40% off so it worked out a good deal. Should be getting a food delivery later this afternoon.

Keep warm and keep safe everyone.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy weekend .. stay safe, warm and dry everyone!

This time last year, we had family staying and were gearing up for panto mayhem!

I went out to local ( 15 min drive away ) supermarket and it was as normal, and a fair few cars out on the road. Doing a bit of my food safety course and going to go for a walk later, but then i'm curling up with a book and maybe doing some sewing.

DD dances in sitting room, and DH & I are tired of sitting on dining chairs in kitchen or dining room most evenings, so we've moved a small 2 seater sofa from conservatory ( that is too cold to use in winter, plus you can only get into and out of from sitting room, and is too small to dance in ) into dining room .... so now .... I'm sitting at laptop, just checking bits before doing a chunk of my course and DH is sitting here chatting! I'm not complaining, but i am! i just want some SPACE on my OWN !!!!!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking about how things have changed...I'm reading Michelle Obama's autobiography and they are just preparing for Barak's inauguration ceremony. So peaceful and different to current times. It's a really good read if you haven't read it. Not too much politics - I think Barak's book would be over my head, but Michelle's is nice. I'm missing the library right now - I'll be glad when that is back to normal.

No plans for this weekend. I've just been cleaning windows - very dull. Got to take the dog for a walk shortly. I absolutely love my dog, but I don't enjoy walking him.

Did you pack away the whole playroom this weekend Mouse? If I remember correctly, you said you were going to start doing that. I haven't packed it away at all this weekend and I don't like it. DD has also just been complaining about it too.

Have you missed shopping in the sales? I really wanted to buy some Christmas cards in the sale this year, but I haven't been to any shops which sell them. I don't want to be paying full price for them in November, but I'll have to. We usually buy crackers in the sale too for the following year.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Did you pack away the whole playroom this weekend Mouse? If I remember correctly, you said you were going to start doing that. I haven't packed it away at all this weekend and I don't like it. DD has also just been complaining about it too.
    Yes, I did!! My aim was to try and get it done on a Thursday evening, once the children have finished for the week, but I didn't do it this Thursday as that's when my back started playing up. It was the first thing I did when I got up yesterday though and I was so glad did. If I had a completely separate playroom that I could shut off for the weekend I wouldn't bother, but as it's a room we use as a family, it is nice to have it clutter free

7. Likes Maza liked this post