Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

We've got a miserable day, cold, wet and grey.

Today I've got the child who doesn't like being outside at the best of times, so there's been no chance of persuading him to get a puddle suit on and go into the garden! He leaves after lunch so the other children will be able to go outside then. We've got a dip in the garden that fills up in the rain and makes a great puddle so I'm sure the children will be jumping in that!

We've had a lovely, cosy morning indoors instead. I set up a pinterest-worthy winter play scene and the children have played at it for ages. Unfortunately I didn't get to take any photos of it before the first child arrived this morning. It was quite simple, but looked good with blue & white rice, glitter stars, small silver buckets, scoops, sparkly pompoms and pipe cleaners and wooden people and animals. I was congratulating myself on a job well done when there was a knock at the door. It was the first child (the destructive dynamo) who ran straight in to play. In the very short moment it took me to say goodbye to his dad and lock the front door, my winter scene had been trashed The other children really didn't worry about what it looked like and got just as much fun out of it, but it would have been nice for them to see it in it's newly set up state

Has anyone got into watching anything good on TV yet? I'd been watching Traces, which was good. Last night's episode ended on a bit of a cliff hanger, so I watched the rest of it on Iplayer. I never really binge watch or watch things in advance of them being on TV, so it was a new thing for me! Now I need to find something else. I've got The Great Pottery Throw Down on a Sunday and Holby on a Tuesday, but I think that's it so far.

Enjoy the rest of your days. Stay dry and stay safe

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No work today. Done some pilates this morning. Still trying to get my admission policy accepted by our funding department.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone I have 2 4 year olds today who don't really need me so I updated my Covid RA while they played then we went outside for a little while, it's really cold here today so they found lots of ice to explore. This afternoon we are going to read some books then one will be heading off home before I do the school pick up.

I am not watching anything Mouse apart from Holby as I can't seem to find anything I like so its reading and sewing for me in the evenings for me at the moment.

Stay safe and stay warm x
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mouse I feel your frustration with your winter scene! It's interesting that your other mindees still had a lot of fun with it. It sounds wonderful. Fairy lights/battery operated candles and tea lights are all the rage at the moment aren't they? I do wonder how long pinterest childminders leave on the lights once they have taken the photo and the children have got stuck in. Last week, I was all enthusiastic and set up some pinterest scenes, donned with fairy lights - mindee actually gasped the first couple of mornings as he walked in, so that was lovely. By the end of the week he was blase - which was just as well because my enthusiasm/organisation was fading, lol. Now, I know I can justify not doing pinterest worthy set-ups every day - they are more impactful when they are a novelty

Loocyloo, you inspired me to stock up my freezer...so yesterday we put Batman in a tub of water in the freezer. We have had fun observing him throughout the day.

I absolutely adore having my DD home to do homeschooling BUT she giggles every time mindee does something silly or a bit naughty and then he thinks it's a game. I feel like a right misery guts telling her not to laugh all the time!

I'm trying to get into Bridgerton Mouse. It's watchable but hasn't grabbed me yet. Everyone else seems to love it.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

afternoon ... we got ready to go out .... been outside 2 minutes when it started to rain that icy, almost hail like rain !!! ... but we stayed out, running round and trying to catch it and bubbles !!! ... then one mindee had meltdown because they couldn't catch a bubble, another because they needed a wee and i said to wait for 5 minutes whilst we finished off and went in ( mindee can wait a good 20 minutes! ) and another had a meltdown just because the others were !!!

we've just read books and sung songs other than that. and MORE ice play!

Mouse ... your set up sounds lovely. I find that the children always play with whatever how THEY want to, not how we think they might !!!! We've got all the happyland fairy houses and my new toadstool, happyland fairies, wooden trees/houses, wooden peg people, little bits of tree/log slices, glass pebbles and a mirror all set up .... one mindee spent a solid 15 minutes very carefully cramming EVERYTHING he could into one house !!!! and was most put out to get up from his sleep to discover we'd taken it all out again !!!! Totally agree Maza .... occasional 'pinterest' set ups are the way to go ( always makes me wonder about the set ups on the Hygge pages ... how on earth are they not trashed? OR are they actually played with ? OR only by older children (or a provider over seeing it ALL the time! )

Not into anything on tv except The Masked Singer !!!! I'm not sure if it's dreadful or wonderful, but it's definitely addictable and i really want to know who everyone is !!!!

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

( always makes me wonder about the set ups on the Hygge pages ... how on earth are they not trashed? OR are they actually played with ? OR only by older children (or a provider over seeing it ALL the time! )
    When I look at the set ups I often wonder where the children will have room to play. The tuff spot is usually so full there's no room for the children to actually move anything round. It's the same with some of the lovely playroom pictures. They look fantastic, but there's often very little floor space for the children to move around and play. My favourite ones are the rooms that are light and airy with lots of space.

12. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post