Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

Good morning!

What’s everyone up to today?

I’ve decided I’m going to spend today sorting out my clothes. I’ve got so many I never wear and my wardrobe and drawers are overflowing. I’m going to be ruthless! If I haven’t worn it for a while and if it doesn’t fit, it’s going! As I won’t be able to take anything to the charity shops yet I’m going to have a go at selling clothes online. My daughter is forever buying and selling stuff on Depop so I’m going to give that a go. I did ask her if it was just for younger people, but she tells me old people stuff sells as well

What’s the oldest thing you’ve got in your wardrobe? I’ve got 2 skirts that are over 25 years old! I liked the style at the time so bought one in black and one in cream. I’ve worn them lots of times over the years and they still look as good as new. The cream one hasn’t has as much wear, mainly weddings, christenings and summer events that need me to wear a skirt. The black has had more wear - anytime I need a skirt but can’t wear the cream one! Because they’re plain I wear them with all sorts of different tops and people don’t noticed I’ve been wearing them for years. The only time anyone has caught me out was a friend who got married for a second time. When she was looking at photos she realised I’d worn the same skirt to both of her weddings

Have good weekends, whatever you’re up to. Stay warm and stay safe

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with sorting out your clothes Mouse...I have a lovely dress that DH bought for my Birthday last year and I haven't worn it yet. I thought it would be a lovely dress that could be worn when going out for lunch or a general nice day out which just hasn't happened !

I have has a clean round this morning, emptied out and cleaned the fridge. I was lucky enough to get a food delivery slot for tomorrow afternoon after there not being any available a couple of days ago so haven't got to go out shopping. I guess people book them up then change their minds. This afternoon I am going to walk the dog then a bit of sewing and continuing with Bridgerton on Netflix. I do want to sort out my Christmas presents at some point over the weekend as I received a few toiletry sets which I need to find homes for until I use them. DH bought me some bath bombs plus I get a monthly bath bomb subscription box and as I was gifted a couple of mini hamper sets I thought I might use one of them as a storage basket for my bath bombs.

It's actually a lovely bright sunny day but very cold.

Enjoy your weekend.
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have fun Mouse! ... I have a couple of dresses like your skirts ... very plain and simple, and no one ever seems to be aware that I wear them and wear them! I could do with sorting out my clothes ... i have a definite 'work' wardrobe and a 'me'! ... basically my work wardrobe is when my 'me' clothes get moved down when i get something new! and i still like them! I did pass a lot onto the charity shop a while back, but i could probably do with a cull of tshirts! I've also got A LOT of 'summer' skirts .... a few years ago, I wore them ( out of work ) all year round and had a few I wore for work, but I seem to have lived in jeans or long shorts for the past couple of years!

I suggested to DD that I could put some bits on Depop ... she said only 'vintage' stuff will do, and she's already 'relieved' me of anything worth having apparently !!!!

My food delivery didn't come yesterday ... the delivery truck broke down in the snow/ They did ring and say it would be late, and then rang to say sorry it would not be coming, and could they please deliver it today. So I've been sorting the fridge and everywhere out. I went to the opticians, and have had to get some stronger glasses for reading but on the plus side - there was no sign of any long term damage from my detached retina over the summer, so that was good news. and my final task for today ( and it will probably take me most of tomorrow! ) is to make a childminding photobook of 2020. I make one every year; we love looking through them. This year I'm going to get it printed, and then annotate it when it arrives - with comments from the children who are in the photos! Snapfish have an offer, with 50% off all photobooks ordered by 10/1/21! ( WSBK121 ) ... so it's worth doing!

and then, if i have any time, i will be curling up with my book! I would have been going to church, but although public worship IS allowed under new lockdown rules, my local church has decided to close for public worship, although the church will be open for private/family visits. So I'll be attending an online service; it's nice, but different! Even though we were not allowed to 'mingle' before/during or after the service, it was still nice to see people and wave!

stay safe, warm and dry everyone xxx

PS .... and in a bit i am going to watch 'the masked singer' !!!! totally mad, but quite addictive, trying to work out who the singer is !!!!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 09-01-2021 at 06:09 PM.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent the morning doing my 1st aid questionnaire ready to send for marking and completing forms for the funding. I’ve said all along I wouldn’t offer it but the only young one I have will be 3 this month. The family are so lovely and I know they struggle financially. So I said I would arrange it for them. Then did some clearing up this afternoon. We are doing a quiz this evening. Then DP is cooking steak for tea. Enjoy the weekend everyone

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse, I also have a couple of skirts and a mini dress from at least 25 years ago. The skirts are very short and several sizes smaller than I wear now - I couldn't fit one leg in them now. I've kept them as a memento from my party days and to prove to myself that I really was that tiny once!

My internet has been down all day and we have only just got it back. It has been rather nice not being able to be a slave to my computer. I actually got a lot more cleaning done which means I have less to do tomorrow!