It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

How come this week has gone so fast? I thought I had loads of time before the children were back and now we’re nearly there!

All traces of Christmas have been cleared away and I’ve enjoyed a couple of days of a clutter free house. Tomorrow I’ll have to decide which toys and resources I’m getting back out for the term ahead. I usually go for a winter theme after Christmas but I might do something completely random this time. I’ll stand looking at all the resources I’ve got and hope I’ll feel inspired. If not, it’ll be the winter things again

I’m just waiting for DH to get ready then we’re nipping out for a quick food shop. Apart from some Pringles and a cake, pretty much all of the Christmas food has gone. We dropped some biscuits and chocolate off DH’s elderly aunt yesterday and one of my sons says he’ll have some of the other chocolate. I’ve kept the Ferrero Roche, as they’re me favourites, but I’ve put them in a bowl in the kitchen so everyone can help themselves. I doubt there’ll be any left by tomorrow

Talking of getting rid of food, has anyone used the Olio app? If you’ve got food you don’t want you can list it for free on there and offer it to other members. I used it before Christmas when I sorted out the freezer. I found 4 bags of veg that we didn’t want and were taking up valuable space, so I listed them and they were collected within an hour. It only really works if there are enough people near you using the app, but member numbers are growing as more people hear about it. It’s a good way of getting rid of unwanted food without putting it in the bin

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and make the most of the quiet time before the madness starts again on Monday

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh, I haven't heard of that app, I'll check it out.

Still got everything Christmasy out here. I've just packed away the Christmas books though (they were in a pile in spare room - not displayed in the playroom as that was already dismantled as soon as we broke up for Christmas). I've dug out some snowmen toys ad they are in the spare room in a pile ready to be set up for Monday. Not doing it yet. I'd love to hear what theme you decide on Mouse. I was just looking at some of the wanderlust topics, but they're still a bit ambitious for my little mindee.

I wonder if the gov will say all schools will have to close. They seem to be under pressure to do so. DD was just saying how cold it was in class with all the windows open - at least they'll miss a couple of the coldest weeks now.

Have you watched the Christmas and New Year's editions of sewing bee? We really enjoyed them.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know! .... HOW is it the weekend? !!!!

I've spent all of today ( but didn't start till gone 10 ) doing my 'annual' paperwork, plus newsletter, planning new story&activities, sorting out my attendance register/who is here/where & when, etc! Almost there now!

I'm doing a book this month called 'skip through the seasons' or 'jump into january' by barefoot books ... depending which version you have (somehow i have both) ... so we'll be looking at winter and doing ice/snow/bare trees etc, and then moving onto the other seasons. Might make a birthday 'chart' with the older ones. I also want to chose a particular place in the garden to take a photo each week ...maybe with the children in it as well ... so we can then look and see how it changes over the year! Am going to have to set a weekly reminder on my phone to do this !!!! Book has lots to look at/find and talk about on each page.

That app sounds great, but there is hardly anyone local on that app, so not much use for me. However, we do have a weekly 'free fridge' that collects unsold food from local shops and passes it onto anyone who can use it. We've had a fair amount of 'unwanted' fruit and veg in the past, and they have all sorts of things. They take donations as well, so i'll see what i can pass on. They take fresh stuff ( if you get it to them when they open ) but not frozen.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have dechristmassed the house and it now looks so bare.

I am waiting on a uturn about primary schools opening.

But in other news its showing here again.

Only watched the Christmas sewing bee got to catch up with the new years one.

The thrown down will be on again this year but with all new presenters
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Taken down most of the decorations now. I’ll do the tree tomorrow then have a good cleaning session before Monday. Looks like 3 of my families want to come next two weeks so at least I’ll have some work