Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Tuesday

We have snow!
    I haven’t been out in it, but it looks like there’d be enough to make a small snowman. It does seem to be melting quite quickly though, so I don’t know how long it’ll last. The garden looks very pretty so for now I’ll stay inside, in the warm and admire it from a distance

No plans for today. This morning I’ve taken some of the Christmas decorations down, but I’ll leave the tree until New Year’s Day. That’s my traditional day for taking it down. DH always wants it leaving, but he usually works on New Year’s Day so I take it down while he’s out! He won’t be working this year though, so it might be a bit trickier It’s a shame when it’s gone, but I do like a couple of days of a tidy, spacious house before I need to get the work stuff back out again.

My only other job is to sort out the fridge and see what meals I can concoct from whatever’s left in there! It’s always a bit of an adventure digging to the back and seeing what I can find.

Enjoy the rest of the day and stay warm

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello all!

How did it get to be tuesday? !!!!

I don't seem to have done much, and yet time is passing! I'm enjoying not having to go anywhere or see anyone! ( although i am missing meeting up with friends. ) I'm enjoying just sitting around reading and watching films. DH watched Dunkirk last night ( having missed it when it was on tv ) - I couldn't watch; just found it too harrowing.

I've also been concocting meals from the fridge! I chopped the turkey up a couple of days ago, and turned the left over meat into a curry and soup, and made pints of stock ( some used in the soup and turkey ) That is now in the freezer or fridge. I do need to sort out the freezer ... back in April i emptied it, and made a list of what we had in the freezer, and where exactly it was... but over time, things have been put in different spaces, and now although i THINK i pretty much know WHAT is there, i'm not entirely sure!

I have made a list of all the things I need/want to do before starting work next tuesday ... I fully expect NOT to have done 90% of them ... DH has just said i shouldn't be doing work; it's a holiday, but actually, a lot of it doesn't really feel like work, as I enjoy getting all my plans and activities ready for the next year.

No snow here, although there has been some up on the moors. I'd be tempted to go to find some, and have a walk, but i think the rest of the world will be there too, so I'm staying put. and i think it's time for lunch and then another session with my book!

Take care everyone, stay safe and warm and dry.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone .....still no snow here but I live by the sea so we rarely get snow. We have been for a beach walk this morning then we have sorted a few things out at home and now going to relax. DH and I do a few of our to do list everyday then relax for the rest either reading/watching a film etc . There is just the two of us home so its quiet then he is back to work Sunday and me Monday.
    Pixie Dust

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know loocyloo. I thought the same this morning. This time last week I was happily saying I had 13 days off. Now it’s less than a week left😳. Very cold here in Kent. Went for a walk with my friend this morning which was lovely. Then we stood for 20 mins chatting before we went our separate ways and by the time I I walked the two minutes to my door my legs were like ice! So I’ve ordered myself some fleeced lined leggings. Made a turkey and ham pie for tea. Then I’m going to settle down with my kindle and a nice glass of wine.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s the 31st I’d December and here in the East has not had one flurry of snow.hard frost last night though.