Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

Good morning everyone.

What's your weather like today? It's sunny and cold here, but at least there's no rain.

One of the children breaks up for Christmas today so we're having a treat at lunch time - a santa chocolate roll! It's really just a normal chocolate roll in a santa wrapper, but the children are very excited about it!

Today I've got a very destructive 2 year old here. He manages to break something most weeks and has already broken a toy this morning. He doesn't do it maliciously, but does break things on purpose. He just keeps pushing, pulling or twisting toys until they break. If I see him doing it I can stop him, but often he's sat playing happily with something & the next time I look, it's broken! This morning he was playing with a very solid wooden toy which really shouldn't have come apart. I was sorting out the drinks and when I looked back he'd pulled a piece off it. I really don't see how he managed it! I've glued it so hopefully it'll be OK. It's a bit frustrating though.

Have good days everyone and have fun, whatever you're doing

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

It's bright and clear and sunny here, but there is a huge dark cloud over to the north! .... not looking good for school run!

Oh Mouse, how frustrating. I've got an 18 mth who struggles with 'delicate' and 'gentle' handling! ( he is a big boy though, and has big hands .. parents are tall too )

Enjoy your exciting lunch! We went to feed the ducks and bought some yummy brownies from the bakery

Enjoy the rest of the day xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mouse that is so annoying. My nephew was like that and we used to say he could cause damage in an empty room. Enjoy your santa chocolate rolls! It is so sweet how they get excited over things like that.

I've got all my Christmas tins out today and my mindee has really enjoyed taking off the lids repeatedly and then matching them back up to the correct tin. I didn't really have that activity in mind, but it has gone down a storm! Great shape and space activity.

We have just made the gingerbread men that we were going to make yesterday. My first attempt at dairy free baking. It was a bit of a crumbly dough, but hopefully they will turn out ok. We've done water play on the kitchen floor (towels and mats down), and mindee gets so engrossed in that that we often miss our opportunity to go outside, but that's ok, we'll go out after nap.

Have a lovely day everyone.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Not quite sure where today went!

We had a little Christmas party this afternoon and doing it again Friday so that no one misses out The children spent most of the morning saying "Is it party time yet?"

Just been out for a walk with the dog and its a lovely clear evening and I could see lots of stars twinkling away. Time for a lovely warm cuppa and Holby.
    Pixie Dust