Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

Good morning everyone.

We've got quite nice weather today, so we started the day with a walk to look at some Christmas lights. One of the houses has got a post box outside that children can post Santa letters in and they send a reply. I didn't want to give the children's names or my address, so we just put a picture in an envelope for them to post. They're too young to realise they might get a reply, so won't miss out. But they were really happy to have a letter to post

They're now just having a play while I type up some letters to remind parents when I'm closed over Christmas. I've told them all in person, messaged them all the dates, but have still had parents asking when I close

Do your minded children send Christmas cards to each other? Each year we make a post box and the children bring cards in. They love posting them in the box and sharing them out on the last day. Each year there'll be one parent who doesn't send cards in though & I then feel guilty that their child is receiving cards and not giving any out! I end up writing some myself from them so it looks like everyone has joined in! DH says I'm daft for doing it. He says the parent who doesn't send cards in obviously doesn't feel guilty, so why should I. I suppose he has a point

Well, it's taken me so long to get this finished, it's now afternoon and the children are having lunch!

Enjoy the rest of your days

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

AW, Mouse, what lovely ideas ... a postbox for your minded children, and also the house with a postbox outside.

We went to the zoo ... it was very quiet, i hope they survive the economic climate, although, actually, it is often quiet around this time of year !!!

everyone has had a sleep, and we'll be off to school very shortly.

Do you all have schools now closing on the 17th? I'm inundated for requests for the friday now, but still waiting to hear ( i have messaged! ) if my regular Friday and holiday Friday children need care before i offer any extra! ( typically, they are not all the same children! )

stay warm and safe xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo I haven't heard that schools will be finishing in the 17th??? DD is set to finish on the 18th at 1pm still as far as I know...Although I have just read that secondary schools and colleges in Wales will be going online from next week.

We had quite mild weather today and so we went out for a nice walk.

DH is in a very bad mood because we finally purchased some outdoor lights for our front wall and they look lovely - lots of passers by have commented too, which is nice. Well, DH mowed over the cord today when he was mowing the lawn, and so we no longer have outdoor lights. I'm just glad it wasn't me as I would have been in so much trouble, lol. He has been all over today trying to get replacements but everywhere is sold out.

Does anyone have a rotary club near them? Ours is sending their Santa and his sleigh out and about next week. I used to love it as a child and so was thrilled to hear that we have one here too. We didn't have one at my old address. Never too old to enjoy seeing Father Christmas drive past!

Mouse, they are such lovely ideas, and how very kind of you to post cards from the mindee.

Loocyloo, we listened to the reading of 'Pick a Pine Tree' today - and yes, it is VERY annoying that she doesn't hold the book the right way up at the end! Lovely book though.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would have laughed if DH had done that and I can imagine my DH would have been very grumpy about it!!!

I thought it was a nationwide initiative that schools finish on 17th Dec ... something about teachers not having to work Christmas eve/ Day off they have to do contact tracing? ( not that I quite understand! )
    Our local schools only announced it yesterday ... lots of grumpy parents today!

We have a Santa and Sleigh that goes around; I think ours is the Lions, but it might be a joint thing with Rotary.

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening everyone ......its been quite cold here again today but we always go outside anyway. We don't have a post-box but the children do bring Christmas cards in for each other, the local schools have stopped Christmas cards this year which is quite sad but I guess they are just being extra cautious.

Our school is staying open as planned as that's when they are having class parties and fun day. One of my childminding friends has had to close today to isolate due to one of the mindees having Covid, they are really upset as now they can't have their Christmas party that was planned for next week.

We have a sleigh and Santa that goes around all the local villages and town, it's been going since I was a little girl and when my two boys first saw it it did make me quite emotional sharing an experience like that from my childhood. They are in their twenties now.

Keep safe everyone x
    Pixie Dust

9. Likes Maza liked this post