Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

Good morning everyone!

We've got a cold & frosty morning here. I had got the house nice & warm, but every time a child arrived, the cold air came rushing through the door with them! Luckily they've all brought wellies, hats and gloves, so at least they can wrap up warm to go outside. I often find there's one who arrives one the coldest day of the year in sandals and a summer dress and I have to hunt round for the spare wellies and warm clothes before we can go outside

Today we're going to finish off the last of the main Christmas crafts. After that it'll just be colouring sheets and stickers. I'm quite pleased with myself. I'm never normally this organised! It's mainly because my daughter has been home for 2 weeks so has been here to help. It's so much easier having someone else to help wipe hands, clean up the paint etc, so I made a real effort to get all the messiest bits done before she's back at work next week

How's everyone's Christmas shopping coming along? DH & I went out last night and got a few more bits. He's going to wrap them today and a make a list of what else we need to get. I'm hopeful that this year we'll actually be finished well before Christmas week

Have fund days everyone. Stay warm

2. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Mouse, it must be a great feeling having got all the messy stuff out of the way.

I took my little one to post his card to his parents yesterday. It feels nice to have just got that done! This morning we have painted a tree slice with glitter paint. We'll have to paint the other side tomorrow when it is dry and then I'll thread a festive ribbon through it to turn it into a tree decoration. I'm a bit undecided on what else I can do - he is terrible for popping stuff into his mouth - so anything with pom poms or googly eyes etc is a big risk. I can supervise him here, but I just worry that they will fall off at home and he could pop them in his mouth if he found one on the carpet before parents spotted it.

DH has just taken the dog for a walk. We usually take the opportunity to do an activity that would be annoying with him around, so I might put pots of warm water and the tea set out. I was about to go out to the woods, but I don't like to miss my 'puppy free' hour.

We have been singing 'Little Donkey' all week and yesterday I noticed that my mindee was singing:

Little donkey, little donkey
    On the dusty road
    Got a teaeaea pot

(The tea pot is one of his favourite toys, so I guess those words made more sense to him!

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning, we have just come in to warm up after exploring all the ice that the children found in the garden. The children have nearly finished their cards I realised last night it was very similar to what we did last year I normally try and do something different ! We have made a Christmas tree decoration too and thats about it as mine seem to be more interested in sensory play than crafts, so following their interests.

I started to wrap presents last night I have decided if I do a couple every day then it won't be such a task in one go. I have nearly finished present shopping its just stocking presents to get plus my step-daughter's present which is proving a little tricky as have no clue what to get her.

Maza have you put your tree up yet as curious how your pup reacted, we put our up Saturday and he tried to eat at first then managed to knock a bauble or two off and chased them around the floor but he seems to have got used to it now.

Keep warm everyone x
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

afternoon!

We went to local garden centre to admire all the Christmas trees and decorations.

I was sorting out crafts, and realised that I meant to take photos of all the children last week, so we could make a personalised tree decoration ... and i forgot !!! so got to do that this week. Mine really don't seem fussed about craft this year. We've made cards, and once i've got the tree decs done, then i'm not particularly doing any more.

i love 'tea party' play Maza - I've got one who just drinks all the water though, preferably from the teapot !!!! Always reminds me of the tiger who came to tea

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust we put our tree up last night. He had a little look at it and a brief sniff, but wasn't bothered after that. This morning though, he trotted into the lounge and had clearly forgotten that it would be there, so he gave it a few barks and then got on with his day. He's so nosy though - as soon as we get out a box of decorations (or a box of anything), he is right there, sniffing and snooping. Gosh I bet your pup loved having bauble play!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

We are encouraged not to take the children anywhere like parks, shops so I’m unable to take the children to the local garden centre like we normally would leading up to Christmas . We certainly miss going as it is so pretty ( Been on my own).
    Yesterday we went out to look at decorations in peoples gardens, it was misty and so cold.

11. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm not going anywhere busy ... we went to garden centre first thing, and there was only us and one other lady there!

I'm not doing the parks either. x

13. Likes Dragonfly liked this post