Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

It's the last day of my working week and also my easiest day. I have the most content children ever on a Thursday. It's such a lovely, relaxed day.

I've been so tired this week, it'll be nice to have a quieter day. As some of you know, I had coronavirus recently and I'm sure the tiredness is a lasting effect of that. I'm usually awake well before my alarm clock goes off and get up easily. Recently though the alarm is either waking me up, or I'm awake first, turn the alarm off, then fall back to sleep! Luckily I've still been up and ready before the first child arrives, but I've had a few close calls

Sylvia, how is your back today? I hope it's starting to ease. Unfortunately I don't think our job helps when you have a dodgy back. I often feel mine twinge as I lift a child up.

Yesterday, after I'd finished work, DD & I made the crazy decision to go to town. I expected it to be manic, but it was actually really quiet. I managed to get the last of the mindee's Christmas presents and the bits I need to send away to my family. It was quite nice having a wander round and being able to browse without any crowds. I'm sure it'll get busier, but we obviously timed it just right.

Have good days everyone. It's a wet and windy day here, so I think we'll be having a cosy day indoors.

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning.

Thursday is a lovely day with ace mindees and then I do the school run and then I just seem to become a child wrangler! For various reasons I have 5 or 6 schoolies and whilst they generally get on fine and are lovely ( and helpful with the little ones ) .. there are just alot of them! And I've added a temp emergency schoolie in, who is also lovely, but they all need to 'shake down' and get used to each other!

We went to feed the ducks in the rain ... home to play and read stories! I've got the little people nativity scene out .... baby Jesus has decamped to the cot in the dolls house, the sheep have ousted Mary and Joseph from the stable and the Kings appear to be travelling in the campervan, whilst the camel hitches a ride in the school bus! ( and Father Christmas is sitting on the toilet in the dolls house !)

Mouse .... my DS is also feeling exhausted alot of the time having had coronavirus. He says he feels better when he's been outside getting exercise, as then he's 'properly' tired!

Glad you had a good shopping trip x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone its such a wet grey day here!

Mouse hope you didn't suffer too much with coronavirus and you are feeling much better...it does seem that a lot of people have lasting effects. I am really struggling to get up in the mornings too but I think its just the fact its still so dark at 6.30am.

wow loocyloo thats a lot of after school children, I find having 3 enough. I have turned down a few after school jobs the last 2 weeks(another childminder has given up) as I just find them so hard at the moment.

One of my families are now isolating, well mum has been told she has to and as she is a single parent she has no choice but to isolate with her children as she can't actual leave the house to take them to school.
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse I hope you manage to get some rest over the weekend. Are you planning a toned down Christmas so that you don't over do it and exhaust yourself? Loocyloo, I hope your son feels better soon too.

It has rained none stop all morning here. We haven't actually been out because my rain cover was still soaking wet from being caught in the downpour yesterday. I put it on an outside chair to drain when we got home yesterday (it had stopped raining by then) but then of course I forgot about it and left it there overnight, so it got rained on again. Anyway, we have done some nice arts and crafts and finished our card. He just has to 'write' in it and then that's one thing to tick off earlier than ever. I was thinking about taking him to the post box to post it to his parents - if I can find a suitable envelope.

I managed to wrap two more presents today during mindee's nap. I'm quite liking my plan of wrapping them when I'm technically working.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pixie ... Yes, it is a lot of after school children for a regular basis! It is currently only one night a week that they are ALL, and in theory, from January I shouldn't have so many !!! Plus i won't have my temp child! I have turned down 'new' afterschool children, these are just my regular lot seemingly all adding days !!! 'because they love coming'

HAHAHA and i was trying to cut down/stop my schoolies !!!!

8. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

Mouse .... my DS is also feeling exhausted alot of the time having had coronavirus. He says he feels better when he's been outside getting exercise, as then he's 'properly' tired!
    I could happily go to bed when the children go home at 4pm, but I make myself stay up until a proper bed time

10. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had another day off today and I’m taking tomorrow as well. My backs a bit better today so hoping another day will help. Not been out the house for 2 days but feeling I’m missing out on xmas atmosphere although I’m sure there’s not too much going on. Two little brothers I have put a home made get better soon card through my door last night. It made me feel good. It’s been pouring with rain all day and cold too so I was glad that I didn’t have to do the school runs.

12. Likes Maza liked this post