Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

Yay, we’re out of lockdown...not that it’ll make much of a difference to those of us in tier 3! Having said that, I saw on the local news that people were queuing outside Primark at 5 o’clock this morning. I don’t really understand why you’d do that, but good luck to anyone who’s planning on going shopping today.
    I would imagine Debenhams is going to be crazily busy as people try to get a bargain. I saw friends were trying to get on the website last night but were in huge queues just to access the site. I don’t know if any of them managed to buy anything. I do feel sorry for the staff who will no doubt be very busy, all the time knowing they’re losing their jobs.

A bit of positive news...one of the COVID vaccines has been approved for use in the uk. Will you have it if you’re offered it? I don’t think I’ll be offered it any time soon as I’m not in a high risk group, but I think I probably will have it when it gets to my turn. Not particularly to protect me, but to help put an end to the whole thing and get us back to some sort of normal. The more people who have it, the more chance we have of that happening.

On a lighter note, what has everyone got planned for today? We’re cracking on with our Christmas crafts. DD is at home this week and the start of next week, so I’m making the most of her being here. Paint, glue, glitter and toddlers are much easier to control when there’s an extra pair of hands

Have good days everyone

2. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I will really miss Debanhams. I think it's been struggling for years though hasn't it? I remember when I was much younger it rivaled John Lewis. In recent years though, our two local ones seemed to have one floor which was totally neglected - lots of space (not in a good way) and messy. I did like shopping for ladies trousers there though. I always seemed to get lucky. I'd love to look at the sales when I get a chance.

We're determined to get on a big walk today because I think the weather turns tomorrow. I want to make a start on painting our cut out Christmas trees to stick on our cards.

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I miss Christmas windows I wish my kids could understand when I talk about Christmas windows or is it just nostalgia.

With Debenham and arcade collapse our shopping centre will look very bare.

I need to venture up to finish off my Christmas shopping I need Christmas pyjamas etc.

Another class has to isolate at our primary school im not sure how many I will see till Christmas at this rate.

I need some inspiration to start Christmas crafts but I feel in a bit of a rut.

Its also very cold here again.

Fb went into meltdown last night as our local fa have cancelled games until the new year. Honestly with some of the comments you would think they had cancelled football permentely. If you didn't have loads isolating its 2 games
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

6. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I miss Christmas windows I wish my kids could understand when I talk about Christmas windows or is it just nostalgia.
    When I was young we used to go to London to see the Christmas windows. I don't really remember going into the shops, but I do remember walking down Oxford Street and looking at all the displays.

8. Likes Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse we have been to London Christmas shopping a couple of times and loved looking at all the windows especially Selfridges/Harrods.

We have joined in with the library Bounce and rhyme this morning, finished off the Christmas decorations we started yesterday. It is quite cold today but we have had a good run around out in the garden.

We are going out for a walk this afternoon.

I won't be rushing off to the shops just yet.

Keep warm and dry everyone.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!

We went for a walk in our local woods ( well, I say local, but it's a drive! ) we bumped into a friend and so had a distanced walk. It was nice, and nice for the children to see some one 'new'!

We're going to attempt Christmas Cards after school. I'm not feeling particularly Christmasy though!

I'm going to do a big splurge/shop on Sunday and hopefully will get pretty much everything else I need.

Stay warm, dry and safe xxx

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had to take the day off as my back has now seized up and I can hardly walk. I warned the family I have on Thursday n Friday that I may not be up and running in the morning and the mum told me to take the rest of the week off to get better. I’m so lucky to have families that care. So I’ve spent the day shuffling round the house, watching xmas films or snoozing. Hoping to be more mobile tomorrow

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Sylvia. I'm glad you took the day off. Do you think you need something from the Dr? Will a hot water bottle help you? x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Sylvia, get well soon. A poorly back is the worst thing.

I have a back support thing that I wrap around and secure with velcro when my back is a bit iffy. That and a hot water bottle!
    Mine went beginning of the year , as I bent to get a child out of the buggy and into a car seat. I managed it and then drove home/ stayed sitting in the car with my heated seat till I got some movement back. I was going to see an osteopath ... but couldn't as lockdown started and it's OK now! Fingers crossed.