Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

Happy 1st December everyone!

Does anyone do elf on the shelf for their own or the minded children? I do love seeing the photos on friends' facebook pages, but I'm really pleased my own children are too old for me to have to do it! I know the older minded children's parents do it at home, so it's not something I'm ever tempted to do for them either I do wonder if it's one of those things that started off quite cute and simple, but has turned into a big competition now for some parents.

Today we're doing some more of our Christmas crafts. My aim is to get them all finished by the end of next week, so I'm not having to rush to get them done in the last few days (like I usually do!)

Has anyone applied for the third self-employed grant yet? Are you going to apply for this one? I'm undecided whether to or not. My earnings will definitely be lower than I would normally expect but I'm not sure what they mean by a significant reduction. I wonder if they're being deliberately vague to put people off claiming! I don't want to claim it then have to pay it back

I hope you all have good days.

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning.

We have had a frost this morning - its still white over now.

Never done the elf on the shelf and I'm glad I have never started it as by postage on fb its very stressful coming up with new ideas.

I'm in two minds about the grant yes I'm down on earnings but expenses etc are down too. Going to leave it to the January to get a fuller picture.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon! Just!

No, never done elf on the shelf. I don't have the energy to start! .... as if then be stuck doing it for ever! I did buy a cute soft cuddly elf in paperchase sale over the summer, and he's just sitting in the Christmas book box along with Father Christmas, but that's it! I did think he might come on trips with us etc .... but we'll see!

I'm undecided about grant too. I'm now at pretty much full capacity .... but .... if I had to shut for a couple of weeks ( or more ) then I would have a reduced income. I'm hoping for some more clarification from somewhere!?!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We did our own version of Elf on a shelf a few years ago now when it first became popular, he was more of a kindness elf that did various kind things with the odd mischeivous trick, so he would leave an advent calendar/Christmas activities/ crafts etc but we haven't done it for a couple of years now as all the children have their own elf at home.

Today we have started some Christmas crafts which ended up more tricky that I anticipated we have an abundance of lollypop sticks which I thought we could make decorations with but we have ended up in a gluey mess! We opened the first door of the advent calendar which is traditional style, no chocolate one here for the children.

I am actually full at the moment so won't be claiming the grant unless the situation changes, I am thankful to be busy in this current climate.
    Pixie Dust

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been tempted by elf on the shelf. The thought of it exhausts me.

I'm determined to use some of mindee's nap time to wrap a present or two. I hate wrapping and if I leave it until the last minute then I hate it even more, and I don't have the energy once DD finally goes to bed these days - it was easier in the days when she went to bed at 7/8pm. I managed to wrap 4 today. Very proud. Hope it's not still only 4 presents wrapped on the 24th!

I was hoping to start Christmas cards today, but I didn't get everything ready last night. We went to get DD a pair of crutches from a and e. We were in there for a couple of hours again, so didn't have the energy to search for the Christmas craft stuff. I haven't got books or calendars out either yet.

Driving around our local area, it is obvious that a lot more people have put up lights/decorations earlier than usual this year. I don't blame them , though I'm not putting mine up just yet.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i hate wrapping presents too Maza!

This year i have made a pile of reusable gift bags ( basically like a pillow case, that i will tie with ribbon round the top! ) and will just put presents inside those !!! some will need wrapping as probably not got enough bags, but if i start doing it soon, then i'll know if i need to make any more! it will take me longer to make bags than wrap, but still! However, i like DH to be involved in the wrapping process ... he writes the gift tags !!! it tends to be me that does most of the actual shopping, even if he knows what the children are getting, and if i don't make him join in, i just know i'll end up doing it all!

We totally forgot to look in the chocolate calendar tonight after tea !!!! I can save the coins for another night! I've decided though, that i'm not going to remind them, so if they remember, fair enough, but if not! that's fine !!!

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We started our advent calendar today. They get 2 days each at various dates through till xmas and a little gift too. I’ve woken up today with a really sore back so LO here today has spent her day watching tv and reading stories as I can hardly move.

I’m not claiming the 3rd part of government money. I’m down on income but have had quite a few enquiries that I could have taken had I wanted to. So I don’t feel it would be fair to take it

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Sylvia. Hope your back feels better soon. x

12. Likes SYLVIA liked this post