It's the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's the weekend!

It's a bit late in the day, but Happy Weekend everyone!

Our grandson is here this weekend, so I haven't had 2 minutes to myself all day! We love him being here though, so wouldn't have it any other way

What's everyone been up to? I was almost tempted to get the Christmas tree out, but gave myself a stern talking to and left it where it is. I couldn't bring myself to set it up when it's still November We did make some gingerbread men and had Christmas music on while we were making them, so we're getting into the Christmas spirit early.

Tomorrow morning we're hoping to get out for a walk at the park. We were going to go today but it was raining a lot first thing so we decided to postpone till tomorrow. I really ought to look at getting some new wellies then it wouldn't matter. When we get back we're going to make hot chocolate with cream & marshmallows. Then I'll probably have a nap

Have fun everyone, whatever you're up to.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are having a lovely weekend with your grandson Mouse...so many people I know have put their Christmas tree up this weekend.

I had a walk along the beach with the pup yesterday and today will mainly be a lot of calls to my two sons plus my parents. I have a couple of packages to collect from Next but still waiting for one more that is supposed to be their today so hoping I can go and collect them all at the same time before the shops open properly.

Have a lovely Sunday.
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a very hygge weekend Mouse! Sounds wonderful - and rather Christmasy...

It's DD's 12th birthday today. She's at that age where she doesn't want toys for presents but' isn't excited by getting clothes as gifts just yet. She has got her first phone though, so she's very happy.

Yesterday we had our local Monopoly night. It was fun doing a different version. I came last as usual. We had a cheese and grapes session half way through - we are all massive cheese fans.

We also opened a tub of Roses - what a disappointment! Not nearly as special as an actual tin, but then when we opened the tub the chocolates were all the same shape and had uniform wrapping - just different colours. They just didn't seem as special or festive as DH and I remembered. The tub will make a great drum though!

I'm going to make bacon butties shortly and then tonight we are going to DD's favourite Indian restaurant. We also went last year and they brought out ice cream with sparklers and the whole restaurant sang Happy Birthday. This year though, we can obviously only get a take away from them.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We watched the Christmas chronicles 2 yesterday on the Netflix party with my brother and family in Australia.

Me and the kids really wanted to put the tree up yesterday but dh was a grinch and wouldnt get them out of the loft

I made chocolate mincemeat yesterday so going to make so mince pies out of them today and for another twist I'm going to to them with meringue.

Mouse enjoy your walk
    Maza happy birthday to you dd (there isn't much between my youngest dd and yours)
    Pixiedust hope you get your parcels
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

mmmmmmm ... chocolate mincemeat ... sounds good! i was thinking about making some mince pies ... maybe later.

I spent most of yesterday sorting out all my work files/books etc and have decided that I don't need a pile of text books ... penny tassoni assorted guides to EYFS, activity ideas books and others along those lines. There is no point just sending them to the charity shop, and I don't have the energy or inclination to sell them on ebay! any suggestions? I also have about 20 odd old blue peter annuals to move on! not in brilliant condition, as I bought them from jumble sales etc when i was in my teens, but I have some old ones. Again ... not sure where to pass them onto!

I'm going for a distanced walk with a friend this afternoon ... can't wait to get outside and have a conversation with someone different!

have a good day xx

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    mmmmmmm ... chocolate mincemeat ... sounds good! i was thinking about making some mince pies ... maybe later.
    Easy to do jar of mincemeat 2 tbspns of cocco powder 2 tbspns water put in a saucepan heating gently stirring once simmering bubble for 2 minutes and let cool. Then mix in 50 g of dark chocolate
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

11. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Easy to do jar of mincemeat 2 tbspns of cocco powder 2 tbspns water put in a saucepan heating gently stirring once simmering bubble for 2 minutes and let cool. Then mix in 50 g of dark chocolate
    YUMMMMMMMMMMM.. Thank you so much x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fussy you really need to go on the next series of Bake Off. You make such mouthwatering, creative stuff.

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Fussy you really need to go on the next series of Bake Off. You make such mouthwatering, creative stuff.
    I would be a Laura messy cant do uniform bakes but hopefully tastes nice
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 29-11-2020 at 03:58 PM.

16. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here you are
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

On the cooking theme (sort of). I opened an old packet of ice cream wafers earlier, not used as we were unable to get the block ice cream this year. Inside there were tiny black spots that are actually some kind of insect😳😳. Anybody tell me what they are. There was some actually in the cupboard too on the shelves where medicines are kept!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Here you are

They look delicious x
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    On the cooking theme (sort of). I opened an old packet of ice cream wafers earlier, not used as we were unable to get the block ice cream this year. Inside there were tiny black spots that are actually some kind of insect😳😳. Anybody tell me what they are. There was some actually in the cupboard too on the shelves where medicines are kept!
    Could they be weevils? You can find them in flour, pasta, dry cereal etc. My son had them in his kitchen when I was staying there once. I went through the cupboards, checking open packets of dry food. I threw away anything that was open, bleached the cupboards and bought him plastic containers for storing flour, pasta & cereals. They soon disappeared and he didn't get them again.

22. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Could they be weevils? You can find them in flour, pasta, dry cereal etc. My son had them in his kitchen when I was staying there once. I went through the cupboards, checking open packets of dry food. I threw away anything that was open, bleached the cupboards and bought him plastic containers for storing flour, pasta & cereals. They soon disappeared and he didn't get them again.

My thoughts too that they are weevils. Like mouse I recommend the use of plastic containers etc

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I thought they might be but I’ve never seen them before.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fussy they look amazing! My mouth is watering.

Oh Sylvia that is so annoying. Hope you get it sorted.