Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

Typical, it’s my day off and I was awake earlier than ever! Still, it’s been nice lying in bed reading the news on my iPad and listening to the bin men shouting in the street! I do feel a bit tired now so might see if I can get another hour’s sleep before the day starts

The only real plan for today is that DH and I are going to do a food shop. I might look at some Christmas bits while we’re there. I know they’re not really essentials, but I do need to get stocking fillers and little bits. I had thought about going to the garden centre as they’ve got a lovely Christmas display. I’m torn though. Garden centres are allowed to be open, but just because we could go, does that means we should? I’ve seen a few friends have been and taken their children, so it’s definitely been for a trip out, not for essential shopping. Would you go somewhere like that, or is it not in the spirit of lockdown?

This afternoon I plan to start the Christmas makeover in the play room. I won’t put a big tree up yet, but will do a smaller tree and change the displays, books, toys etc to Christmas ones. Our grandson will be here over the weekend so he’ll love it

When is everyone breaking up for Christmas? I’m closing the same as schools, so finish on 17th December and start back on 4th January. I’ll spend the 18th clearing all the childminding stuff away, then it’s family time only until the 3rd of Jan when I get it all back out again

Have good days everyone!

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

enjoy your day!

I feel a bit like that about garden centres .... I could go, but it's not essential, and so i shall wait until lockdown finishes. I have a friend who has still been taking her minded children out and about all over the place, but we've been staying at home and only going for local walks and visiting the post office/bakery on the way! ( you could say the bakery ISN'T essential, but we only go occasionally for a treat ( and i need bread! ) I'm not doing 'trips' per se.

I'm going to 'Christmasfy' the playroom over the weekend for next week. I usually like to put our tree up this sunday ( Advent Sunday ) but i'm not sure DH is keen! I guess in a way it will depend if DD is going to still be dancing in the sitting room! I think her local dance classes will be back on, but we're just waiting to hear about her weekend classes.

I'm just working the 22nd Dec, and then breaking up. I don't work mondays, and I have a really lovely bunch on the tuesday in the holidays, and it will be nice to have a Christmasy day with them. I'm hoping it will be dry, so we can go to the woods to collect sticks and leaves to use in decorations! I'm then not back until the 5th Jan.

Have fun, stay safe and warm everyone

PS ... anyone else fed up with the million of emails offering discounts on shopping today?! To be fair, there isn't anything i particularly want, and i shan't be looking, but i've just deleted i don't know how many emails with 'BLACK FRIDAY' in the title !
    Last edited by loocyloo; 27-11-2020 at 08:09 AM.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Friday!! Seems like a loooonnng week for me. All decorations up now apart from the little village display I put on the window sill in the hall. Going for a walk with my friend this morning then enjoying a quiet afternoon before school run. A peaceful weekend coming up hopefully.
    I’m working up till xmas eve possibly, definitely until the 23 anyway. Then back on 4th jan. Have a good day wveryone

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone.

Cold here again. I was going to get motivated and go into town to get ingredients to make relishes and chutneys.(probably not essential but if I don't make them this week they won't get done)however a parcel is coming between 917 and 1.17 so looks like my plans are ruined.

I think the same Loocyloo my email is full of them but nothing seems to be a major bargain. Though my dryer broke last night and I manged to get a better model for the price I would normally pay
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fussy that's very considerate of your drier to break down just before Black Friday!

We're ordering a blender as ours has just packed in.

Not sure what we'll get up to today as I have DD off with a sprained ankle. DH is going to be in and out all day so we'll have to work around him, as I can't go off on walks unless he's here to look after DD. I've just done some drawing with mindee and he really enjoyed it. We've made a break through as he really wasn't the slightest bit interested up until now. Looks like I will be able to do some Christmas crafts after all!

We don't have a garden centre within walking distance (I don't drive) so fortunately I don't have to make that decision. They are fantastic places to go with children, especially at Christmas.

Think I'll decorate the playroom gradually. Just the Christmas board books and a few props for each book and the Christmas Happy land toys. Don't think i'll put up any proper decorations just yet.

I was going to spend mindee's nap time today wrapping presents for DD's birthday on Sunday. Now that she's off school it will be a bit tricky.

I'm working on Monday 21st then I'm off until the 4th.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh bless you Maza that so much more positive way of looking at it instead of me cursing etc

Dh did have the courage to suggest that it could be my Christmas present im sure the look he received was enough to convince him otherwise
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Oh bless you Maza that so much more positive way of looking at it instead of me cursing etc

Dh did have the courage to suggest that it could be my Christmas present im sure the look he received was enough to convince him otherwise
    Our washing machine died a few years ago, just before Christmas...DH tried suggesting he bought ME a new machine for Christmas .. I suggested we just bought it!

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Friday Evening already....is it too early for a glass of wine !

Today we went for a walk around our village and saw lots of lovely spider webs that appeared overnight, I think it was due to the freezing fog we had !

Should be a quiet weekend for me as its just me at home now as DH has headed back to work for 3 weeks. I am going to get some of our Christmas resources out and swap the books out. I don't think I will do the decorations in the rest of the house just yet plus I need to get the tree as we always have a real one, not too sure how the puppy will get on with that!

The first weekend DH goes away I normally spend some of the time catching up with my accounts etc as I try not to do so much work related admin when he is home.

I also have a big bag of popcorn in the cupboard and will hopefully manage to watch a Christmas movie.

Enjoy your weekend everyone whatever you are doing.
    Pixie Dust

13. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ooo, enjoy your weekend Pixie. mmmmm, i'm fancying popcorn now! I like a bag of sweet & salt, but if I make it ( we have an airpopper machine thing ) I love it with melted butter and marmite drizzled over it!

Definitely not too early for wine! I was about to have a glass, and then I remembered I had choir practice on Zoom ( and although no one can hear me, they can see! ) ... so i've got a warm ginger tea! I'm not sure if i like it or not, but it's good for my throat when singing after a day of talking and singing with the children!

enjoy!

happy weekend all xxx

15. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished a virtually gin tasting and distillery tour. It was good fun. 4 miniature bottles of gin, tonics and lemonade and a souvenir glass sent in a kit. Actually glad that after drinking that much gin we didn’t need to travel home from south west London on trains! Think I’ll sleep tonight.

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sylvia that sounds fantastic! What a great idea! Was that a gift to you from someone?

19. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Sylvia that sounds fantastic! What a great idea! Was that a gift to you from someone?
    Yes, last years xmas gift from DD2. Due to covid it had been cancelled twice because we couldn’t visit to distillery. On zoom was good fun though.

21. Likes Maza liked this post