It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

I hope everyone has got a restful couple of days planned.

How’s everyone finding lockdown this time round? Do you think people are sticking to it or just not bothering? On the drive to the supermarket yesterday I drove past lots of small, independent shops that were still open. There was a florist, a phone repair shop and card shop, all still open. In fact the only shops closed along the road were the charity shops.
    It’s clearly not as strict this time and doesn’t seem to be stopping some people from going about their normal lives.

I’m becoming weary of it all now and just want it to end! Do you think the vaccine is the only hope of getting back to normal? Will you have it? I remember us talking about coronavirus on here when it was first discovered in Wuhan. I don’t think many of us were particularly worried and we didn’t think it would have much of an impact on us. How wrong we were

On a more cheery note, we’ve got a Zoom family quiz planned for this evening, I did dreadfully on the last one so I’m hoping for a better performance (or easier questions) tonight! I’ve had doughnuts delivered to each household so we can all snack along together

Enjoy your weekends everyone

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse what a lovely idea having the doughnuts delivered to each house!

It seems like all our non essential shops definitely are closed. I'm looking forward to having a browse in the charity shops when they open.

It's our dog's first birthday today. DD is turning it into a huge occasion, lol. He has a few new toys - which I am hoping will stop him from stealing childminding toys. I doubt it though - there is no thrill in chewing things that you are allowed to chew. We're having hotdogs for tea tonight. DD is currently trying to get the perfect birthday photograph to put on instagram, but he is not a morning chap at all, and so he just looks thoroughly grumpy in them all.

DH is currently ordering a new vacuum cleaner. After asking on fb for recommendations we are going to get a shark. He got a Henry earlier in the year and I have never hated anything so much. I know no one looks forward to hoovering, but I had actually started to dread it. Poor Henry. I think DH is just so sick of me moaning and so agreed on a new hoover rather quickly! He has a bad shoulder at the minute and can't help me out with hoovering.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

afternoon!

Goodness, Mouse, i'm surprised your 'little' shops were open. Ours are all shut ... just the post office, newsagent, bakers and coop/spar are open.

People seem to be staying in here or going for long walks - we live opposite one of the local walks ... and it seems busy today!

Hope your Dd got a Birthday photo in the end, Maza

I've just been pottering and tidying up and am just about to start sewing some Reusable Christmas Gift bags to wrap Christmas presents in! ... Am goin to create a gift tag that explains it is a reusable bag ( and to say that if they don't wish to reuse it, then to please send it back to me !!! ) I've also been listening to music on Youtube. I love the Sandra Boynton childrens books, and she has some funny songs on youtube ( busy sung by Kevin Kline, Cows, Philadelphia chickens and my new favourite Perfect Piggies by Hog Cappella ) I'm also waiting for Mr Asda to deliver my shopping - my first delivery since about February!

enjoy the quiz Mouse ... we'll be watching Strictly

have a good weekend everyone.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday to your little pup Maza ...we went for a walk along the local beach today and it was really busy you could tell some people were having socially distance catch ups and others weren't bothered at all a groups of 5 ladies were walking their dogs together with hot drinks in hand having a good old chat, I guess they thought it didn't really matter as they were outside.

DH has got our Christmas decs out from the loft so I can put them up after he has gone back to work at the end of the week. Will probably put them up just after the 1st.

DH is making us a steak dinner tonight then hopefully we will find something we can both watch.

This morning I went to Home Bargains as I can get all my cleaning products there cheap and I was browsing along the Christmas aisle as it was quiet when I suddenly heard one of my childminding families on a nearby aisle(not the quietest of people but they are lovely) so I quickly made a quick exit to the tills as I didn't want them to see me

Enjoy the rest of your weekend x
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps it's just in our area where the shops are open.

It's crazy. They're obviously not following the rules, then wonder why we're in a high risk area! I know no one is forced to use the shops, but plenty of people will if they're open.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Things aren't that different for me as I don't really go to the shops apart from our local Waitrose for any top up bits I need. Im still working so I see DD1 and grandsons in the playground each day and DD2 lives alone and is in my bubble. We bought a new pressure washer and have spent the day doing that today. Don't usually do it in the autumn but the patio seemed so dirty. It was nice being outside all day and seeing the positive results too. Have a good weekend everyone

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie that's so funny! I often 'hide' from people when I spot them. DH says I then really over do the shock and surprise when I fake a "Oh hello!" when they end up spotting me.

10. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm surprised your shops are open. I know our la have closed down a card shop even though they claimed they were selling toilet rolls.

We watched the Christmas chronicles yesterday with my brother and family in Australia. We still do the weekly Netflix party. I cant believe we hadn't seen it before. We have booked number 2 in for next Saturday
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

12. Likes Maza liked this post