Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

We’ve got a cold and cloudy day today and I’m struggling to get motivated to do anything!

I’ve got a couple of online training courses to be getting on with so really ought to be working on those while I’ve got no children here. I know if I don’t get round to doing them, I’ll regret wasting my child-free time.

Has everyone caught up on Bake Off? I was disappointed with last night’s elimination and didn’t think they should have gone. I’m looking forward to the final next week though and really won’t mind who wins.

Right, I’m off to make a cup of coffee and a slice of toast, then I really will get on with that training!

Have good days everyone

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning.....yes I was disappointed too with who went so will be interesting to see what happens next week.

This morning our dishwasher has completely broken so now deciding what to do about replacing it as we are planning to have a new kitchen fitted next year with intergtrated appliances but not sure I can manage without a dishwasher for the next few months as its so easy to just pop everything in whilst working. Does everyone have dishwasher ?

We are now going to do some baking
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never had a dishwasher. Even when we’ve been staying places that have one, I’ve never used it.
    I can see if you’re used to having it though, it would be hard to do without for a while. It would be like asking me to give up my tumble dryer, which I could never do!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon.

Oooo, I couldn't be without my dishwasher!

I didn't see bake off, but I've heard who left. I really liked them. I'm not bothered who wins particularly, but I'd like it to be one of the men!

We've played outside in the sand tray, that is now full of leaves/ old flowers/ sticks and rain water, carefully added by the children today! Luckily there isn't much sand left, so I think I'll just leave it and see what happens! I've got a 16mth old obsessed by the sink in the downstairs toilet! ... I've set up my water tray inside but she just wants to be standing on the stool and stretching into the sink ( but she's still too little! ) however we're just shutting the door and letting her complain. She will usually be distracted after a few minutes!

It's turning into a horrible dark grey blustery afternoon and I'm not looking forward to my school run!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I’ve never had a dishwasher. Even when we’ve been staying places that have one, I’ve never used it.
    I can see if you’re used to having it though, it would be hard to do without for a while. It would be like asking me to give up my tumble dryer, which I could never do!
    Mt friend refuses to have a tumble drier she hangs all her washing on airers indoors!
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Mt friend refuses to have a tumble drier she hangs all her washing on airers indoors!
    That's me Pixie! I've never had a dryer and have no inclination to get one. I couldn't be without my dishwasher though.

This morning I set up a pinterest worthy table, lol, complete with fairy lights. I keep meaning to, but never get round to it. We've actually had a lovely morning because of it. I was happy for the mindee to get stuck in and 'dismantle' it all within seconds of arriving. It was on stars. Some of the stars are in the dumper truck, others are in the posting toy and the others have been transported to various surfaces or into random containers. Then we made chapatis because it was on my plan for last week but little one was absent.

I haven't seen Bake Off yet, but, DD and I have got into I'm a Celebrity (after me moaning about the ethics of it on here the other day).

Loocyloo, you made me laugh talking about your little one being obsessed with the basin. The things we have to work through in this job!

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    We're a big family (7 of us!) so there would never be room to hang all our washing round the house

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's me Pixie! I've never had a dryer and have no inclination to get one. I couldn't be without my dishwasher though.
    How do you manage to get things dry in winter ...it must be a nightmare getting towels and bedlinen dry?
    Pixie Dust

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have dishwasher and tumble dryer and wouldn’t be without either. If the weathers dry I put washing outside though. I love the smell of clean washing that’s been on the line

14. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't have a dryer!

I used to have a washer dryer, but rarely used it, and when it died, we just got a washing machine on its own! I have stuff on an airer on the landing ( or DSs bedroom now he's away! ) or in the airing cupboard. If we need somethings dried as quickly as possible, then it gets put on the AGA ! Otherwise I use a line in the garden when its blowy in winter, and then warm it up in the airing cupboard. My airing cupboard has shelving, and also a hanging rail which is very useful!

Maza; your table sounds lovely. I know i'd blink and it would be everywhere! A red wooden cube from a shape sorter went walkabout last January .... still haven't found it, and it isn't that small! When I emptied my water tray this evening, my lovely 16 mth old had put a car, 2 blocks, 2 plastic people, a small teddy and a sock in it! All whilst i was sorting other children out and saying goodbye !!!

16. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, I've just watched Bake Off. Was shocked at who left!

Pixie dust I have no idea how we get everything dry without a drier - we just do, lol! We are only a family of three. I love walking into a room and smelling the laundry drying. I don't hang washing outside either.

18. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Can't live without my tumble dryer and I still have 2 airers in my room with clothes on which can't be tumbled dried.

Never had a dishwasher there was one in the house when we moved in but I had it taken out for cupboard space

Now bake off I liked the person who left but I think in the semi final if you serve up a showstopper that tastes like rubber you are going to go home. Not the best time to have a bad week.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I try often to do a set worthy of Pinterest / instagram but once the children have been at it I can’t say what it resembles! They never play with it as you would expect or as they do on Instagram ☹️

21. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I try often to do a set worthy of Pinterest / instagram but once the children have been at it I can’t say what it resembles! They never play with it as you would expect or as they do on Instagram ☹️
    I'm back to my regular old playroom today. No pinterest/instagram worthy areas to be seen.

23. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I'm back to my regular old playroom today. No pinterest/instagram worthy areas to be seen.
    mine is never worthy to be seen once the children have played with them! ... Who are these children that play 'properly' with these set ups? ... i've never had one! They've always enjoyed them ... but chaos reigns!

25. Likes Pixie dust, Maza, Dragonfly liked this post