Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

We've got a lovely day today. It's a bit cold but the sun is shining and there's a lovely blue sky. I don't think it's due to last long, so I'm making the most of it!

Has anyone started on Christmas activities yet? I don't normally start them until the beginning of December, but I'll be breaking up for Christmas on 18th December and have realised that won't give me long. I don't feel comfortable doing it, but I think I'm going to start the last week of November I've got a lovely Christmas play dough set that I know the children will love so I suppose the sooner I get that out, the more use they'll get out of it. Have you got any exciting activities planned?

When do you put your own Christmas decorations up? A family over the road to us has just put put their lights up. Much as I love to see them, I don't think I'd want anything up this early. Their house is covered in lights every year and I do sometimes wonder how big their electricity bill must be!

Enjoy the rest of your day

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's now afternoon! I started trying to reply an hour ago!

Beautiful day; we've been for a walk and played in the garden .. not doing anything in particular but being busy.

Am thinking about Diwali craft tonight, but the schoolies were talking about Children in Need, so we might do something on those lines. I just need to be super organised as have 3 little ones and 5 schoolies ... 2 or 3 if which require 110% attention!

3. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had a lovely sunny day too, we have spent the morning outside making lots of cups of tea in the outdoor play kitchen.

Christmas: I haven't really thought that far ahead. I don't normally start until December and we don't do that many craft base activities. We normally make cards and then some decorations for the playroom. I always see great ideas that I think I will do but then never do them! I have Christmas themed books and some small world characters that come out at the beginning of December.

We have a neighbour that has put their decorations up as they said they thought everyone needed cheering up! DH goes away soon and won't be back until 19th Dec so I have asked him to get everything down from the loft ready for me to put up at the beginning of December. We always have a real tree from a local Christmas tree farm which I guess I will be getting on my own this year as everyone will still be away.

My youngest is getting told today the procedure for coming home for Christmas today so we are just waiting to see what they will say but he is funny as he is supposed to be at Uni until 18th Dec and said he doesn't really want to come back to early!!
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post

My youngest is getting told today the procedure for coming home for Christmas today so we are just waiting to see what they will say but he is funny as he is supposed to be at Uni until 18th Dec and said he doesn't really want to come back to early!!
    DS was told yesterday about being able to leave from 2nd, but also told that face to face tutorials and workshops will be happening until 11th Dec with the implication that they are not to leave if they have these classes. We've asked him to find out today what will happen if he comes home 'early'. However ... like yours Pixie ... he doesn't want to come home early!

We usually put the tree up on Advent Sunday or start of Dec ... DH doesn't like it up before December. We don't have many Decorations.. usually just the tree and a few bits here and there .... although the playroom becomes a veritable 'delight' !!!! We will turn our outside lights on in December, but I have started noticing some around now!

We do crafts every afternoon after school in December ... but mainly cards, a decoration or 2 for the tree and I try not to buy too many kits as I prefer the individuality of it all, rather than 6 things all looking the same!

Have fun all xx

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend yesterday put her tree up! She doesn’t normal do it until December but said she felt so fed up at the moment and it cheered her up. Mine go up 1st December. Tree and a few bits in living room. Tinsel garlands in kitchen/dining room
    And playroom. I have a large window sill in the hall and I put a snowy village display there, using the houses and things they sell in the garden centre. My 2 daughters and I are doing wreath making this year but we have to do it at home this year with kits that are delivered to us. I got a set of xmas decorations that the children can paint. We always make cards and also something either a picture or craft that is totally child led so it’s more personal for the parents. I only have one little one now and she’s not too keen on crafts etc and all the schoolers want to do is play super heroes or fight!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

That did make me laugh Sylvia play super hero’s or fight! Poor you.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    That did make me laugh Sylvia play super hero’s or fight! Poor you.
    It made me laugh too! The reality of our job!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DS was told yesterday about being able to leave from 2nd, but also told that face to face tutorials and workshops will be happening until 11th Dec with the implication that they are not to leave if they have these classes. We've asked him to find out today what will happen if he comes home 'early'. However ... like yours Pixie ... he doesn't want to come home early!

They didn't say anything that he didn't already know, just that they can leave from the 2nd but he has deadlines for later in December so still not sure how it will all work.
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post