Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

I’ll type quickly before it gets to 11 o’clock and we have a 2 minute silence. Do you hold a silence when you’ve got children there? How do you do it? I often given the younger children a snack at that time so at least they’re reasonably quiet while I’m silent.

Did we all get to see Bake Off last night? I like everyone who’s in it now so it’s quite sad when any of them leave. I was very impressed by their showstoppers and now have the urge to make fancy jellies I’m not sure the packets I’ve got in the cupboard would produce quite the same effect though!

I hope you’re all having good days.

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We've just had 2 minute silence.
    We've watched the cbeebies poppy animation this morning and made paper plate poppies and lovely poppy pictures .... stamping red paint ( & added glue) using old corks on green paper, adding red tissue paper circles and small black paper circles. I'd add a picture if I could work out how! Also made paper plate poppies

We were sitting at the table drawing when it got close to 11 and so I reminded them ( 2 & 3 yr olds) and they sat quietly drawing. We've got classic fm on, so we had music and then nothing and then music started again. We're going for a walk shortly to see the Memorial Cross and poppies outside church.

Missed bake off as DD was dancing in sitting room! Will find it on catch up somewhere!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We just sat quietly too, I have 3 older ones today who start school next September. Earlier in the week we went to the local church memorial, made poppy pictures and watched the CBeebies video. They managed really well to be quiet as 2 minutes is a long time for them.

I was very impressed with the show stoppers last night. My baking skills are very basic

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Really miffed.

Sent DS some bits via amazon to be delivered today ... all one order ...

He just text to say thank you for the vitamins! .... now I did include vitamins but the rest of the order was sweets and nice bits. I checked on the website .... the rest of the order was 'undeliverable' .... so it can't have been address or anything, as it all post gets delivered to reception at halls! I've just ordered it again .... for delivery tomorrow! I know it's not much in scheme of things, but I wanted him to have them today! Fingers crossed they manage to deliver tomorrow!

Made me laugh that the vitamins were delivered though!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo that made me laugh! I bet he was all excited to open his parcel! Such a sweet 'mum' thing to do!

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Loocyloo that has made me laugh seems like amazon thinks your ds needed vitamins more.

I was sad at who went in the bake off but my favourites have stayed.

I made the aloo gobi pasties from pastry week and they were divine.

I must admit I am thinking life is too short for jelly art
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Loocyloo that made me laugh! I bet he was all excited to open his parcel! Such a sweet 'mum' thing to do!
    He isn't feeling too great, and as I can't drive for 2 hrs to give him a hug, I thought I'd send a hug! It was the fact that they managed to deliver the vitamins that made me laugh too!

Ooo ... all intrigued to watch bake off now! And Fussy ... where did you find the recipe? ..I loved the sound and look of those!

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

Ooo ... all intrigued to watch bake off now! And Fussy ... where did you find the recipe? ..I loved the sound and look of those!
    Mark’s Aloo Gobi & Paneer Pasties | The Great British Bake Off
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yum .... thank you Fussy! .... that's my weekend sorted!