Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

What a wet and miserable day we’ve got here. It seems to have rained non-stop since this new lockdown started. Very different to the one in March when I spent most of the time in the garden, tidying, painting the fences or just sitting in the sunshine reading a book! Now my time in the garden is spent trying to outwit the squirrels. I hate to admit it, but they’re winning

I’ve had a notification this morning that my advent calendar will be delivered today I absolutely love advent calendars and spend weeks each year deciding which one (or ones) to get. I usually have a beauty one and this year have got the Holland and Barret one. It’s very good value for money (especially as I had money off coupons to use) and has things in it I wouldn’t usually buy, but will enjoy trying. The one arriving today is a wax melts one and I also have a traditional picture one with no chocolate or treats. The children don’t understand that one, but I do enjoy seeing a new picture each day! DH says I’m a big kid, but advent calendars are probably one of my favourite things about Christmas

What’s everyone up to today?

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well I'm going to be very quiet over the next 3 weeks. One family's mum is shielding and another 2 have been told to isolate because of a positive case at school.

So i motivated myself tidied the downstairs. I'm making loaded chicken fries for dinner. I'm catching up with the washing pile it never seems to get smaller.

Have a good day everyone x
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Well I'm going to be very quiet over the next 3 weeks. One family's mum is shielding and another 2 have been told to isolate because of a positive case at school.

So i motivated myself tidied the downstairs. I'm making loaded chicken fries for dinner. I'm catching up with the washing pile it never seems to get smaller.

Have a good day everyone x
    Loaded chicken fries that sounds yummy !

We had a lovely weekend out walking, the weather was lovely but today is very damp and grey. I love Advent calendars too Mouse, I have seen some lovely ones but can't quite justify spending that much right now. I always find the traditional picture ones hard to find, having said that I haven't looked on Amazon !

We have had quiet morning as one arrived a little later today.
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Loaded chicken fries sound great 👍

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning. or rather Afternoon! ... i wrote this earlier and for some reason it didn't go anywhere !!!!

I've been very productive .... and have actually finally filed my 19/20 tax return AND paid the tax !!!! NOW all i need to do is get this years accounts completely up to date! but thats a job for another day !!! lets not push it! think i'm going to curl up with my book for the rest of the day,and maybe do some baking - but i'm not inspired! thinking possibly gingerbread ( cake ) I've just finished my book, and am wandering around looking for something to do, but can't quite settle to anything!

OOOO, that holland & Barrett advent calendar sounds nice. I get chocolate ones for DD & DS, and then we have an advent house that i put treats in for the minded children ( for after tea! ) i also have a felt advent calendar that has a daily activity, usually craft related for schoolies, in it. I keep thinking i'll not do it this year, but these pesky children remember from previous years !! I guess i'd better start getting organised for that. It is a nuisance that we are in lockdown, as i usually wander around all the pound/cheap shops picking up odds & ends for craft calendar ... maybe this is the year i actually work through my craft stash

Fussy ... I agree ... my washing pile is always overflowing ... i think i'm on top of it, turn round and it is full again !!!

I've only got 1 little mindee during the day tomorrow ... so that will be a day of trains ! ( other 2 are isolating - also because of mum isolating ) and then 2 schoolies. Hope it brightens up a bit this week ... its still gloomy and foggy here today.

edited to say .... YES ... i think we need a recipe for chicken fries !!!!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have made them sound more exotic than they are.

I made sweet potato fries with a coating of cornflour, smoked paprika and garlic granules, vegetable oil.

I marinated some chicken fries cut to the same size as the potato fries.

Baked the sweet potato fries topped with cheese then topped with the griddles chicken peppers tomatoes mushrooms.

I put under the grill just to melt the cheese.

Top the fries and cheese with any topping you want dd wants chicken and bacon next time
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

11. Likes loocyloo, Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mmmmmmm ... that sounds delicious x