Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

It's the last day of my working week and my quietest day of the week.

Does it feel any different on the first day of lockdown 2? The traffic here is definitely much quieter this morning. We have a couple of schools close by, but even the school runs seemed quieter. Then, once school run time had finished, it's gone really quiet. I know last time we went into lockdown I had big plans for sorting, tidying and decorating. This time round I'm planning on doing very little!

After I'd finished work yesterday DD & I went to town to get a few last minute bits. I'd heard that the local retail park was manic, but town was actually very quiet. One of my mums works in town and she'd said it was madly busy until 3pm, but went very quiet after that. While we were there some of the shops were closing. We said how it must be strange for the staff to be closing, knowing they won't be open again for another month.

While we were out we stocked up on Christmas crafts for us to do in the evenings. It'll be interesting to see how many get done and how many are still in the basket at the end of lockdown! I also stocked up on mince pies - it'll be even more interesting to see how many of them are still in the box after a couple of evenings sat at home doing nothing

Have good days everyone. Take care and don't forget to shout out if you're struggling at all

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We live very close to a bunch of new houses which are being built. Last lockdown it was so quiet, but this time as construction workers can continue we can still hear the big vehicles and machines, so I have no idea if the roads are actually quieter or not. I do wish I had been to the charity shops one more time to pick up random bits.

We've got to wait in for a (boring) delivery, so we'll go out in the garden in a minute. Mindee is just busy transporting the teaset around at the minute and the dog has just jumped up next to me for a snuggle, so I'll stay put for now.

Hotdogs for tea tonight - we always used to have hotdogs on bonfire night as a child - and I'm going to make a big bowl of chips. We're all really into perinaise at the moment - so no doubt we'll go through a ton of that as a dip for our chips. Wish we had some parkin too. I was telling DD this morning about all the bonfire night traditions we had as a child - didn't realise we had so many. DH isn't English so he never celebrated bonfire night and has no idea about all the traditions either.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza hotdogs jacket potatoes and cups of oxtail soup.

I have one mindee here today and I have managed to get his interest in the animals today else he would just play with the vars. We have been outside jumping in the leaves but brrr its cold here today.

I did my first part of first aid last night. I must admit I was very impressed with the organisation but only 3 out of the original 6 attended.

I do feel sorry for all the businesses who have shut but in some ways the information doesn't tally with each other.

I dont know if its quiet on the roads yet Mouse as we live on a cul de sac so don't get many cars
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fussy we had baked potatoes too, and I'm sure we used to put them around the edge of the bonfire to cook, or part cook (wrapped in foil). Or maybe I dreamt that bit! We didn't have oxtail soup but we did have black peas. Also had treacle toffee that threatened to pull out your fillings!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So where did today go?

We had fun playing outside and then chaos afterschool!
    We watched a lovely firework display on YouTube from Japan. It was 20 minutes of calm and then made our own firework pictures with chalk on black paper and then a touch of DDs glitter hairspray ( from her costume box! )

Had a load of fireworks going off earlier, but I'm very impressed they've all stopped now!

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Today has been a little bit crazy, one of my little ones has their birthday tomorrow so I managed to quickly bake a sponge cake, we had it for snack this afternoon and her little face was a picture as she was so surprised, it was one of those moments where you think what a great job we have

I have been to collect out weekly shopping and there were a few cars about but the retail park where the supermarket is was a lot quieter than last week. I could see a lot of fireworks going off. The puppy doesn't seem to bothered which is good. I left the radio on when I went out to drown the noise out.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes Maza liked this post