Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

Good morning everyone. I’ve got an hour before the children arrive so I’m having a cup of coffee in peace and doing a spot of online shopping before they get here.

Are we all eagerly waiting for the results of the American Presidential election? I checked my phone a couple of times through the night to see how things were going but it looks like we’re going to have to wait a while longer for the results.

We’ve got another cold day, but it looks as if it should stay dry so we’ll wrap up warm again and head outside. When we came in from the cold yesterday I made the children a hot chocolate drink as a treat. I bet they’ll all be expecting it again today! I’m not sure I want it to be a daily event, but it did mean the child who doesn’t normally drink milk had her 1/3rd of a pint. Do you all claim your milk allowance or have milk delivered? I’ve claimed mine for years but realised recently that not everyone knows about it.

Did everyone watch Bake Off last night? The one who went home was my least favourite, so I wasn’t too sorry to see them go! This series does seem to be going very quickly and there aren’t many contestants left now. Tonight’s viewing will be Portrait Artist of the Year.

Are we all ready for lockdown tomorrow? I don’t think it’ll be anywhere as severe as last time, but if anyone does find themselves struggling, you know where we are

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have a good day.

Bright, clear but frosty here. 2 children here .. 1 asleep, 1 engrossed in trains ( shall I help you build a track? No thank you! ) and awaiting the 3rd! We're going out to feed the ducks. Not sure we'll go for next 4 weeks, as it's a bit far and I'm not sure I can say it's an essential journey! Think I'm back to staying home!

I was sad to see last night's competitor go from bake off .. but I wasn't overly enthralled by whole episode!
    Repair shop for me tonight!

I don't claim milk. I used to, but then the process changed and it became a huge faff!

Hugs everyone xxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't watched Bake off yet. Yes, I am eagerly watching the election though. No idea which way it will go.

Yesterday we collected some cooking apples on our walk - lots of people leave the in boxes at the end of their drive for passers by and so we got some. I'm not always brave enough to take them - silly really. So, this morning, the mindee has washed them and then we made stewed apples. They are just cooling off now so we'll have them for our snack. DH has just gone out with the puppy, so we're going to take this opportunity to make our firework pictures with glitter without him nosing around.

We also have our library zoom story session - but it's not that great - the rhyme time is, but the story session just didn't captivate mindee last time. We might put it on but not show our faces this time, just so that we can leave if we want to without anyone noticing.

Lockdown is a bit odd this time round - I don't think it will affect us directly as we never go out anyway. DH really needs to find time to go to the tip today though before that closes.

I don't claim milk, it seemed like a bit of a faff.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I genuinely am not looking forward to lockdown. Add on the dark nights children not being able to attend sports etc or meet up with friends means a long month. Fingers crossed its over in December.

I went to our local shopping centre last night as they did late night opening and it was empty. I needed to take ds for some clothes and he keeps getting taller so needed him for size. The very cheery manager was fab and let him try stuff on he almost had his own personal shopper. But she said they are very busy between 9-3 and quiet afterwards.

I have had to send dd to town as ds as ripped his blazer just hope they have his size in.

Its hard trying to think of everything we need to get before places like the uniform shop closes.

We also have a poorly dog the vet isn't too concerned yet as she's fine in herself just a very upset stomach.

I liked who went last night me and dd wanted her to stay but I'm guessing hers didn't taste very nice. Its been a very equal completion this time
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Fussy, hope your dog gets better soon.

Actually yes, not being able to arrange playdates is tough.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon! we have a lovely bright sunny day with blue skies which also means its a little cold but we have had lovely time out in the garden. We had an extended family member text today asking if DH can go round next week and do some jobs for them in their house so I politely had to explain that we aren't allowed around their house from tomorrow and they were most put out ! Told me they would wait outside while DH did some lifting of furniture for them. I think they are not happy with me now.

I did watch Bake off last night and it was a very difficult for them considering the heat.

Tonight I have my first zoom training with my LA so that should be interesting as technology and me are not the best of friends
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good luck Pixie ... with zoom training.

I've got some coming up and I don't like doing stuff on zoom. I get easily distracted and totally lose track!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you all had a good day. I wasn’t sure whether to spend my day rushing about getting bits and bobs from various places but decided to have a relaxing walk in the sunshine and do some gardening. We did a small party here tonight for one mindees birthday. Mum supplied party bags and I did good and a couple of games. They all said they had a good time and went home with big smiles on their faces. Makes it all worth while; these little moments

11. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post