Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

I've got a relatively quiet day today after yesterday's madness!

We're going to do some Halloween crafts this morning and decorate some biscuits this afternoon. I'm cheating and using Digestive biscuits rather than baking my own!

After I've finished work I'm going to go to town and stock up on cards for the next few months. I want to avoid going to town as much as possible so I thought if I make a list of all the birthdays etc between now and the New Year, I can get all the cards I need. I can order presents online, but can't really order cards. Lately, every time I go out I get a 'possible exposure' notification on my Covid app, so I think I'm going to stop going out at all

Has anyone got anything exciting planned for the weekend? We were planning on having the family round for a pizza and quiz night but I'm not sure now if it's allowed under covid rules. We're still in Tier 1, but edging to Tier 2...but it means nothing to me! I'm not sure we've been totally sticking to the rules where family is concerned, so I need to read up on it again. If we need to, we'll do the quiz over Zoom, like we did at the start of lockdown. At least then, everyone would have to buy their own pizza

Enjoy your days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The weather is so cold and wet here today, we have been outside as Thursday is my crazy day so they need to get outside!

That's a great idea about the cards Mouse I might do the same as we have a few birthdays coming up, I don't really have any plans at the moment for this weekend.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Evening!

It has chucked it down here all day!

We have done lots of craft and baked/ iced biscuits. The biggest hit activity wise was threading autumn leaves on wool using big needles and added random Halloween bits.

I went to card factory the other week .... they have 5 cards for a£1 .... I bought about 25! plus other cards! DD seems to need thousands of them! Think I'm sorted now until next year! Just got to find some Christmas cards i like.... I've been sending less and less, but feel that this year, I want to send them to everyone.

X

4. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

I went to card factory the other week .... they have 5 cards for a£1 ....

X
    That's where I went...and they were £10 for £1 so I stocked up! I also got a few 'special' cards so that should do me for a while.

It's interesting you saying about Christmas cards. I used to send loads, but for the last few years have probably sent fewer than a dozen a year. This year feels different though and I'm thinking I should send more.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I think receiving a card will cheer anyone up during these trying times.i too over the years have stopped sending so many maybe I’ll make a exception this year 🤔

8. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I think receiving a card will cheer anyone up during these trying times.i too over the years have stopped sending so many maybe I’ll make a exception this year 🤔
    Way back at the end of March, I sent a few friends a card with a cheery picture or something funny on the front. One friend sent one straight back and we are still carrying on a conversation by post ... 7 mths and counting! We both said it kept us going because literally every week we got a card! We've dropped off since June/ July, but usually manage to send a card every couple of weeks. It's been so lovely and has taken us back to when she went off to uni and I was still at home .... in the days before email and mobile phones and only payphones at uni! ( we have actually met up, and spoken on the phone a well, but the card conversation is very special )

10. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post