Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

I’ve only got 2 children coming today, so it’ll be a nice quiet day for me!

The weather’s looking good so far, so we’re going to go out for a walk this morning. I’ve made a simple map to follow and we’re going to mark off ‘places of interest’ - traffic lights, trees, the shop, the library etc. I’ve chosen that particular route because I know we’ll pass a couple of house that are decorated for Halloween. The owners always make a big effort with decorations, so I went by last night just to make sure they have this year! I’ll take the iPad with me and the children can take some photos.

This evening DH and I are going out for tea. Last Christmas we were given some pub vouchers as a present and they need using by the end of the year. We were going to use them towards a family meal out, but then realised that if we just use them ourselves, we’ll have enough for a couple of meals

Have good days everyone.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

Sounds like a nice walk Mouse.

The forecast is for rain all day! We went on a little bus ride and had tea and toast in a cafe, and got the bus home .... and it's still only just about 11am! That's the joy of mindees arriving at 8!!! It's raining now and has set in for the day! Only got 3 little ones ... going to have mass story time shortly and early lunch and snooze!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Your walk sounds lovely Mouse! Tea and toast sounds lovely too!

We've been for a walk through some little woods today. I had DD come along again. She wasn't as enthusiastic as yesterday - not sure we'll get to Friday with her company on our walks.

I'm going to put cornflour goop out shortly. I've not done an awful lot of messy play with this mindee because he had a bandaged hand for a couple of weeks. I was really missing messy play, but now that I can actually do it again, I'm thinking, mmmm, do I really want to do it? They do love it though don't they? This little one is a bit like a whirlwind and so I don't want to spend lots of time setting up for him to play with it for three seconds before he runs off wiping his hands everywhere. I thought I had minded 'whirlwinds' before, but now I realise that I hadn't!

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We went out for a walk first thing but now its quite cold and grey here, mindees are currently napping/resting the one who is supposed to be asleep (2 year old)is currently wide awake refusing to nap so I have told them they need to just have a rest whilst my 2 older ones both crashed out within minutes of laying down The 2 year old really needs a sleep but has started to fight it and won't sleep during the day but then they get so grumpy in the afternoon !

This afternoon we are going to do some play dough, this morning we made pumpkin pictures to put up the playroom window.
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So, as expected, the goop/gloop didn't keep my mindee entertained for more than a few seconds. DD had a nice play in it though, lol. So glad I didn't put loads of scoops and resources in it which would then have to be washed. Just the tray.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    We went out for a walk first thing but now its quite cold and grey here, mindees are currently napping/resting the one who is supposed to be asleep (2 year old)is currently wide awake refusing to nap so I have told them they need to just have a rest whilst my 2 older ones both crashed out within minutes of laying down The 2 year old really needs a sleep but has started to fight it and won't sleep during the day but then they get so grumpy in the afternoon !

This afternoon we are going to do some play dough, this morning we made pumpkin pictures to put up the playroom window.
    I have an 18mth old who has started to REALLY fight his naps ... he's very big and determined, so if he doesn't want to to sleep; there is not a ot you can do! Mum said it took her 90 minutes for him to sleep just 30 the other week! I don't want him to develop a 'thing' about sleeping with me, so we're just going with it! they are looooonnnngggggg days !!!! that said ... today ... he slept for over 2 hrs and was grumpy when he woke up !!!!

11. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

3 here today, 8,5 n 2. The older ones are siblings and the 2yr old is so bossy. Having had a week away with family she is expecting all her orders to be met. Unfortunately this just isn’t happening and is causing a few problems. We have managed to make bats and Pom Pom pumpkins. Haven’t been out as the rain has been torrential all day. Not looking much better tomorrow either