Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

It's Thursday at last! It's taken a long time to get here this week

I've got a totally unexpected day off as the two children I should have had today have both gone away with their families for the weekend. I already knew one was going today, but the other family only decided this morning that they'd go today instead of tomorrow. They did phone and ask if it was OK for their son to have the day off

As I was up and ready anyway I made the most of the early start and have got all the housework and washing done and out of the way. That's normally my Friday morning job, so it means I'll have a free day tomorrow I'm thinking of going and buying some baking ingredients this afternoon so I can do some baking tomorrow. I'd love to do a coffee and walnut cake but I'm the only one who likes it so would end up eating the whole thing

I hope you're all having good days and enjoying the sunshine

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love an unexpected day off!

Ooo mouse ... make yourself a cake .. you can always freeze it in slices!

We've come to the zoo and are just having lunch. The sun is shining but it's cold and there are some big grey clouds! Heading home soon for naps! It was lovely .... we went into the lemur enclosure and they were licking our boots and letting us stroke them.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh loocyloo I think a lemur licking my shoe would have freaked me out a bit. I'm a wuss!

Mouse I love unexpected days off too.

The weather here is lovely again. We were going to go for a walk in the woods but when we got there I realised I had left mindee's wellies at home, so we just went for a big walk around some lovely streets that I haven't explored yet and found some grassy areas with paths where mindee could roam free. We were counting wheelie bins and the mindee got so excited whenever we spotted another one. I just love how easily pleased they are sometimes!

I'm exhausted now. He's just having a little play while his lunch is cooked and then nap time. I'm on a safeguarding course tonight. It's a bit irritating because I did one just before I left my old area and then another one when I moved here because I needed it for the supply teaching agency that I signed up with. It was a general one though, not a local one - although I still had to pay for it. So, tonight is the local one. Never the most uplifting of courses is it?!

Have a lovely afternoon everyone.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh how lovely a bonus day off, that rarely happens here. Weather here is breezy but sunny so we have been outside making potions with bubbles and food colouring ! Just trying to decide what we will do tomorrow as I have some older ones here tomorrow too as we are on school holidays today and all next week. Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!
    Pixie Dust

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an unexpected day off today too and spent it with DD1 and grandsons. Went to hall place near us and did a Halloween trail and had a lovely autumn walk. Lovely way to spend a Thursday

7. Likes Pixie dust, Maza liked this post