Good afternoon Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Tuesday

I had to check myself then...is it really only Tuesday? I'm sure it should be at least Thursday!

We've had a lovely morning in the garden. It was cold, but the sun was shining and the children were full of beans. They're now eating lunch before nap time.

This afternoon we're going to do some painting and make some pumpkin pictures to put in the window. I know a lot of people locally are doing the same so children can go round the houses on Halloween and see how many pumpkins they can spot. Most of my minded children call here if they're out Trick & Treating, so this year I've made them some little goodie bags to take home instead. We usually get a lot of trick & treaters, but I doubt we will this year. I'm not going to get any sweets in, so I hope they don't call

Bake Off tonight. I feel like getting some cake in to eat while it's on! I might have to nip out to the shop after work, or get DH to go on his way home. What's your favourite cake? Mine is coffee and walnut, but is has to be a good one. I bought a slice from a craft fair once. It looked amazing but had no coffee flavour and I'm not sure it had even seen a walnut. It was the biggest disappointment ever

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Coffee and walnut here too Mouse. Nothing else comes close. Washed down with a good cup of coffee and it's one of my favourite ever indulgences. I like parkin too - is that a cake or a loaf?

We've had a stunning day again so we're determined to make the most of it. We went to a little woodland area with a stream. Childminding is a great excuse to get me out walking and learning more about my local area. We came home by a different route - and it was a bit longer than I anticipated, but it was lovely.

This afternoon we are going to sort out our tomatoes. We picked them yesterday and so today we are going to sort them into green and red. Mindee can play with the green ones in the outdoor kitchen and we'll obviously keep the red ones. I've also printed a picture of a skeleton - we learnt the word skeleton today when looking through our Halloween bits and bobs. He can do some mark making on that which will occupy him for about 5 seconds.

Mindee was quite hyper at pick up time while mum was 'chatting' to me. It drives me nuts. I wish she would pop him in the car seat and then she can chat to me to her hearts content.

Tonight I'm on a local safeguarding course. I don't mind nearly so much now that it is done on zoom. I'm on another one later this week and then surely I've covered my bases in terms of safeguarding courses for the next few years. Not the most uplifting of courses are they?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!

I wrote a reply and lost it!

Been a lovely day, we went for a walk in the woods and fed the ducks. Home for lunch and sleeps and then chaos of afterschool ... currently have 5 children sitting in a big cardboard box!

Must remember bake off tonight!

Hmm cake .... well . .... sometimes i like a choc fudge cake, other times gingerbread, other times carrot! We've been making a lovely most courgette cake and a delicious ( if crumbly ) choc courgette cake! ... feeling sad that we've now used up all the courgettes from the garden! The one cake i don't like is Coffee!

A really easy/ fun activity is to cut out a person type shape in black paper and let the children use chalk to draw bones ( or whatever they fancy ) inside ! Always looks good!

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading all your comments I want cake ! I do love a slice of cake or cream scone

We had a lovely morning in the woods then after lunch a quick rest before school run. Last one for a while tomorrow as our school finishes for the holidays.

We met a not so friendly dog on our walk this evening apparently he has a bot of an attitude according to the owner, I wasn't so happy that they thought it was fine to let him run off lead if he has an attitude as my dog did not appreciate this one coming over barking and snapping at him.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust, the whole dogs off the lead thing has been a huge learning curve for me as a first time dog owner. It is so, so selfish if they know the dog has an attitude. Why does their dog have the right to be off the lead and ruin the experience for other dogs and owners? Did it have a muzzle on? Hope your doggy got over it quickly. x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Pixie dust, the whole dogs off the lead thing has been a huge learning curve for me as a first time dog owner. It is so, so selfish if they know the dog has an attitude. Why does their dog have the right to be off the lead and ruin the experience for other dogs and owners? Did it have a muzzle on? Hope your doggy got over it quickly. x

No they didn't have a muzzle on, ours was a little scared as he was on his lead and couldn't get away. I remember you had an incident when you first got your little one.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust I’ve had a dog all of my married life a longgg time ( not same one obviously ) I have learnt how inconsiderate other dog owners are. I always put my dog on a lead if a person is coming towards me with or without a dog , not all people like dogs and not all dogs like other dogs.
    I also don’t like dogs running towards my childminding children with the owner saying he/she won’t hurt you.

And after a incident a few years ago where my dog was nearly killed by another dog ,mine was on the lead at the time. I am nervous of dogs running at me .

Hope your dog is okay.

10. Likes Maza liked this post