Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Monday

Good afternoon everyone!

I had one of my new starters here this morning for a settling in visit. He was a little star, as were the other children, who were very welcoming. It does make it easier when they all get along! He didn't want to go home, so that's a good sign he was happy

We had an early lunch so he could eat with us before he went home, so the other children are already settled down for their afternoon nap. They tired themselves out running round in the garden all morning, so they were ready for an early sleep.

Did everyone have a good weekend? I had a busy Saturday, but Sunday was a very lazy day. I bought some nice stacking storage boxes when I was out on Saturday and had intended sorting the toy/resources cupboard on Sunday. I planned to sort everything into labelled boxes so it's easier for me to get to it all, but I opened the door, took one look at how much stuff was actually in there and shut the door again! I'll save that job for another day

Has anyone got anything exciting planned for the week? I'm wondering whether to bring my Halloween crafts/activities forward and do then this week instead of next. Some of the children are term time only, so won't be here next week. But if I bring them forward it means the other children have to do their crafts a week early. What do you do? Do you make sure all the children do the activities/crafts, or do they just miss doing them if they're off?

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had an out of date half a pack of orange lentils which I had been saving for a pouring/scooping activity. It was great fun. As soon as the major tipping started I enthusiastically declared tidy up time. I do miss the big sand pit at my old playgroup where the toddlers could tip and empty buckets to their hearts content. Then we did a zoom rhyme time with the library. I wasn't sure how it would go, but it was lovely, and it was actually nice to have some other adults and children to interact with. After lunch, while mindee was still in his high chair I attempted painting again with him. I thought that if he was contained he might focus a bit longer, but no. It held his interest for about 20 seconds. He enjoyed those 20 seconds though, so it is still worth doing. I think.

Are any of yours just not into crafts of any kind?

Mouse, I've always had the same children each day, so I've never been in your situation over crafts. I have started halloween stories and got some props out for each book. I haven't decorated though - DD can do that the day before Halloween. Mindee still has his fingers in special plasters though, so I am limited on very messy play and crafts right now.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I might do a couple of Halloween crafts this week, as I have some term time only children, but I'll either make something else next week, or they can make 2 of the same! Our crafts are always very 'fluid' and rarely look like anything i envisaged... even if it's a kit

I've been for a nice walk with a friend .... I had been hoping it was buggy friendly, but sadly not! However .... over half term, I will have a couple of buggy free days, so might try it then.

Lol Mouse .... I have sorted out my utility room .... except the bottom corner cupboard ... there is a veg rack with paints/trays/pots etc that is accessible.... but who knows what else is in there? Crammed full of 'stuff' .... that's my next job .... but I can't face it yet! .... remind me .... what did we do during lockdown

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The weekend seemed to be over so quickly, I went for a lovely walk Saturday with pup and my friend then Sunday I cleaned then gave the playroom a tidy up, changed some of the resources out for others that have been away upstairs , this morning the little ones were so excited to play with all the 'new' resources they thought I had been out shopping

I haven't planned any halloween crafts yet as mine will all be here as normal over the holiday so we might do some next week. Our school finishes Wednesday and I have some of the older ones all day Friday so need to keep them busy
    Pixie Dust

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

We had lentil play out last week. I hid bugs in them for the children to find using tweezers before they poured scooped etc. Messy and though I hoovered up still found the odd lentil. Oh rubber bugs not real ones!!!! Have lentils ( have a bucket of them ) out about about once a month. We do have coloured pasta, playdough etc as well.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post