Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

It’s the last working day of the week for me and I’m definitely ready for my weekend to start! I haven’t been sleeping well lately and I’ve been really tired every day. My sleep had been a lot better recently and I had been getting through the day without feeling I could fall asleep mid-afternoon. Now I’m back to feeling tired from the minute I get up until the minute I go to bed. That was one good thing about lockdown - I was sleeping really well as I didn’t have to get up early any day!

I’ve got a quiet day today with just 2 children here. I’ve got the playdough set up and I know that’ll keep the occupied for a while. It’s their favourite activity at the moment and I just add in different resources each day. Today I’ve got the button tin out so they can use buttons to decorate their creations.

Earlier in the week I had a mum come to visit with her baby. She’s supposed to be letting me know today if she wants a place. I had decided I wasn’t going to take on any children under the age of 1, but she seemed nice on the phone so I arranged a visit. I know she’s been to see other childminders so I’m keeping my fingers crossed she chooses one of them instead! She and the baby were lovely, so I know I’ll take them on if she does want a space, but it would be so much easier if she decides to go elsewhere

Have good days everyone

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning!! These dark mornings don’t help. I’m finding it hard to get myself out of bed. Only before and after school today. But shopping coming at half 9, hairdresser coming at 11 and grandson coming at half 2 as daughter has someone’s eyebrows to do. She has started her own business doing lashes and brows so guess who gets to look after the children. So my day will flash by even without mindees here all day. I’ve also said no more under pre school age so I would at least get my mornings free. From next sept I will have Thursday and Friday off and I’m trying really hard to keep it that way. Have a good day everyone

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

morning all!

where is this week going? !!! I seem to be rushed off my feet all the time! Not sure what we're doing today - maybe going to try out a new park ... but one mindee seems to be arriving exhausted and wanting to sleep, and then doesn't want to sleep when the rest do ... which means we can't go and do anything! never used to be this way, so i'm encouraging him to push through!

enjoy the playdough Mouse, and your 'quiet' day Sylvia! I was trying to cut my afterschoolies down, but ended up taking on a new pair of siblings! I prefer my schoolies to have been with me from little, then they know the rules! That said, i have another pair of siblings who are great, and slotted right in! My new siblings are good, but challenging!

have fun everyone xx

6. Likes SYLVIA liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A stunning day here. We have been out for most of the morning at a local nature reserve. My mindee is brilliant at walking. We had to go up and down some very muddy hills, so it was rather challenging at times. I feel like I've done my exercise for the day and it's all in a days work - that's when our job is fantastic.

I need to get my mindee down for his nap, but he is trying to fill his nappy (usually does it much earlier in the day) and so I want him to do that before I put him down, so he's just having a quiet play!

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post