Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

Good morning everyone.

It’s another cold morning, but the sun is shining and all the children have arrived in fab moods! We’re going to get wrapped up warm and head into the garden. While the child are playing I’m going to hunt round for a missing bird feeder. One of the squirrels will have run off with it again! They don’t normally manage to get them out of the garden so we usually find them hidden under a hedge at the bottom of the garden

This evening is my main TV viewing night when I watch Australian Masterchef followed by Bake Off. It’s no wonder I spend all Tuesday evening craving cake There’s not really anything else I watch through the week, but now the nights are drawing in, I need to find something I can tune in to.

I hope you all have sunshine where you are and that you have good days

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its cold and raining here :-(

I snuggled under a blanket as no children here trying to crochet my dd a hat you can put your ponytails through.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

it's very cold and wet and miserable here and has been all day!

got a grumpy 16mth old who had 20 min snooze in car at 9.10-9.30 and despite yawning and rubbing eyes ... screamed for 30 mins when put in cot after lunch. He has just sat on floor and watched me since i got him up and continued to yawn/scream and rub eyes! i've just put him in buggy as going to do school run in a few minutes ( when other mindee wakes up/comes to! ) and he's not impressed with me! Mum said he's doing the same with her ... as little as 5 mins sleep in the car at any point of the day and he thinks that's it! and then he is hard to get to bed ( at bedtime! ) as soooooo tired! He's a determined little thing! he's having a good 12/13 hrs at night. i said to mum, we might just have to resign ourselves to no more daytime sleeps! ( its going to be hard, as he's a chucker and a thrower and a box emptier! and can cause chaos in a blink of an eye! he's also really tall, and can reach pretty much everywhere! )

hopefully school run and fresh air will encourage a snooze!

good luck with hat Fussy and good luck hunting for the bird feeder Mouse!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh loocyloo I remember the days of DD thinking a 5 minute snooze in the car was classed as a nap. We used to sing to her like crazy, mad things to try and keep her awake until we got home. My mindee had Thursday and Friday off last week, and then of course the weekend at home. He is now back to square one with his sleep and took ages to settle today and yesterday. He eventually fell asleep for half an hour. It is one of life's mysteries why toddlers fight sleep - I would give anything for someone to put me in bed in the middle of the afternoon!

Did you find the bird feeder Mouse? We can't have one at the moment because, like you say they attract squirrels, and our puppy goes berserk whenever he sees a squirrel and scares the living daylights out of everyone with his sudden barking.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where today went ! We had a lovely visit to the woods this morning, the weather wasn't great but we were all wrapped up to keep dry. This afternoon a quick nap before school run and wow the schoolies were on one tonight I only have 3 and 2 are siblings who constantly wind each other up and even I had had enough tonight normally I am a patient person. One of then is in year 6 and doesn't want to be here as all their friends walk home independently but mum has said she will think about it in the spring as doesn't want them going home alone in the winter which is understandable but this child has actually said if they keep misbehaving then I will tell mum they can't come anymore ! If only

My dinner is in the oven so now off for a quick dog walk then hopefully a relaxing evening with Bake off like Mouse this is the only thing I actually watch on TV now the rest of the week is more background noise whilst I sew etc
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh pixie dust year 6 ‘s are hard work and dare I say it especially the girls. The boys I’ve had hadn’t been too bad but the girls 😱 when the last lot went I said no more.
    No school runs/ nursery runs at the moment first time in all the years I’ve been minding and I’m actually really liking it. 👏

10. Likes Maza, Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

P.s they tried the If bad enough with me,didn’t work I stuck it out. Stressful .

12. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Ooh pixie dust year 6 ‘s are hard work and dare I say it especially the girls. The boys I’ve had hadn’t been too bad but the girls 😱 when the last lot went I said no more.
    No school runs/ nursery runs at the moment first time in all the years I’ve been minding and I’m actually really liking it. 👏
    I actually enjoyed not having the school runs over lockdown and when they all started back to school in September I nearly said no, I have less now than I used to as some haven't come back, I have 2 that start school next September and already they are saying they can't wait for me to pick them up and I have had them from babies so I don't think I can say no. To be honest the ones that have been with me from the start are normally pretty good as they know the boundaries but having been away due to lockdown its all gone out the window.
    Pixie Dust

14. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post