Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

Good morning everyone.

We've got another bright and sunny day, but it's very cold. I have been leaving the window open all day for ventilation, but it's getting too cold for that. What I'm doing now is getting up in the morning, running downstairs to open a window, going back upstairs to get dressed, then coming back down and shutting the window before the children arrive. I open it again when the children have gone home and leave it open until I'm freezing and the family start complaining that it's too cold I was talking to a mum last week whose son is at senior school. She was saying that they are leaving the windows open all day at school and the children are freezing. What are you doing about ventilation or are you not bothering? I can't decide whether it's worth putting any heating on if the windows are open!

This morning we're going for a walk to the library. I haven't taken the children anywhere indoors since I reopened in June, so I'm still a bit anxious about it. I know they've been into lots of places with parents though, so i think we'll be OK. The children's section is in a closed off area, so away from most other people using the library. It's always quiet and we're often the only ones in there. I'm taking antibac wipes so I can clean the children's hands when we arrive and just before we leave. It's horrible how something that we did regularly, without a thought, is now causing me so much angst! I know the simple solution would be not to go, but the children do love going and I can't avoid taking them anywhere forever!

Did everyone watch Bake Off last night? I think I like everyone in it now and didn't really want any of them to leave! It did make me laugh that they all messed up making brownies! Even I can make those

Have good day everyone

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our library is still closed, apart from letting you in to collect pre-ordered books. We had signed up to do a zoom library story session this morning, but it was such a stunning day that we have been out all morning making the most of it while it lasts. I had wanted to take mindee on a bridge sa he wasn't sure what a bridge was when we were playing with the train track yesterday, so we went to a bridge in the local park. There weren't any trains going under it because it goes over the river, but we saw lots of boats and water birds. It was a beautiful autumn day and so uplifting. I'm hoping I've exhausted my mindee so that he falls asleep easier than he did the last two days!

Yesterday on my old local facebook page there were two mums who posted separately about a nanny that they had seen in the local park. She was apparently being really unkind and neglectful to her two charges. Both mums described her, the pushchair and the children in some detail so that the parents could easily identify them. It's just so sad.

Didn't watch bake off - will do tonight. The only one I find slightly annoying is the young girl, but I must try to be less judgmental.

I want to get back outside after naptime on this beautiful day. Enjoy everyone.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I must admit I was bemused by the brownie disasters. But then I think they tried so hard to make theirs stand out and hoped the time constraints wouldn't work against them.

Wet freezer juice is a new one on me 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning

Hope your trip to the library went well, we need to take our books back at some point. I need to look in to our library's current rules as when they reopened it was only one child allowed so thats not helpful to me as I have 3 everyday.

The weather started off to bright and dry but now the rain has returned and I have washing out on the line .

I have a little one who will be 4 in February and I have been working with their parents and getting him toilet trained, he hasn't shown any interest on doing this and is lazy when coming to do things for himself like putting coat and shoes on etc Mum has admitted that she has always done everything for him and doesn't encourage him to be independent with his self care. Today they have turned up with a bag full of pants and spare trousers as apparently he has started to ask to go to the toilet so I have out him in his pants and he has no clue whats so ever, I have taken him to the toilet every 15 minutes and he will do the smallest wee then 5 minutes later there will be a puddle all over the floor so I have now put him back in his nappy after 4 changes of wet clothes! He doesn't seem to know he needs to go.

Enjoy the rest of Wednesday
    Pixie Dust

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I do similar with the windows . Have been leaving back door ajar so some air coming in. But there’s a utility room and kitchen diner before playroom still gets cold though. Bit lost with that one .

Haven’t taken my mindees anywhere yet apart from open spaces. No shops, libraries don’t know when I will as now covid is going up again. Probably next year at this rate!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We walked all the way to the library, only to find it was shut! I knew they were open again, but I didn't think to check if the opening hours were the same It turns out their hours are now very limited and they're closed all day on a Wednesday. I have to be honest, I was a bit relieved. We had a lovely walk anyway and the children didn't miss going into the library.

8. Likes Maza liked this post