Good afternoon Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Monday

Well, that's me finished for the day. A child was due to be here until 4 but mum messaged and asked if I minded if she picked him up early. I told her she's welcome to do that any time

It's been a grim day today - wet and grey. We went out this morning for a walk to the post office, then came home and had hot chocolate with marshmallows. The children were so excited about it but they did all end up very giddy afterwards - no doubt the sugar rush was to blame I sent them running off round the garden until they'd all calmed down a bit!

This afternoon we did some autumn painting and got the playdough out. I had been doing individual trays of playdough, but I've given up with that now as the children are all sharing everything else anyway. They washed their hands before & afterwards, so I think that's OK.

I found out this morning that one of my friends has tested positive for Covid. I don't know all the details yet but she says she's feeling well. I haven't seen her for a while and I've told her I won't be visiting in a hurry! I've told her to let me know if she needs any shopping dropping off, although I have told her I'll leave it at the end of her drive and run

I hope you've all had good days.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope your friend feels better soon Mouse.

I'm desperate to do autumn crafts and messy play, but my mindee has some special plasters on his fingers after his burn (at home) last week and so I don't want them to get wet or dirty. He's quite happy playing with our toys though. Because I only have him at the moment I only had a few toys out when he started and now each day I add something 'new' - just a new car or stacking cups etc but he's so happy. It's like he gets a new present every day, lol. I'll run out of new toys eventually though.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone! Today has been the first say it hasn't rained for a while but a lot colder. We have had the play dough out too, they each have their own little piece of play dough but they share all the cutters and rollers, like you said Mouse they share everything else. We wash hands before and after plus I have 2 and 3 years olds who are always hugging each other as they don't understand social distancing. There is only so much I can do.

The latest Government strategy is being shared later.....I know cases have been rising in our area but its still quite low in comparison to other places. Sadly I think this is going to be our way of life for a while. I have very mixed feelings as I have been quite cautious about going out and about, we have been collecting our weekly food shop now rather than going in store, we have been doing online shopping for Birthday presents etc but have tried to support smaller local businesses rather than the big companies but I do miss browsing the shops etc and I am concerned how our local High street will survive.
    Pixie Dust

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I do individual playdough play dough mouse, but they share the equipment so wondering if it’s worth carrying on with not sharing the play-dough and having their own 🤷🏻*♀️Plus it’s the same children every week. And no young children do not do social distancing. How can you make a den then be so far apart? They do cuddle too! I tried stopping it but it was terribly hard.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I do individual playdough play dough mouse, but they share the equipment so wondering if it’s worth carrying on with not sharing the play-dough and having their own 🤷🏻*♀️Plus it’s the same children every week. And no young children do not do social distancing. How can you make a den then be so far apart? They do cuddle too! I tried stopping it but it was terribly hard.
    I’ve not even tried socially distanced the children. Like you say, what’s the point when they’re all playing closely together and cuddling up to each other anyway?

I can understand not sharing playdough, sand etc in bigger settings where there are several groups of children, but when my mindees are all one group, I’m happy for them to share

7. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

mine have been sharing playdough etc. depending on which children have used it, and who will be there the next day, i either put it away and get it out that day the following week, OR i throw it away, or i just keep it for the next day!

9. Likes Dragonfly liked this post