Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

One of the children arrived this morning, came into the house, turned round to give their dad a kiss, tripped over the doorstep and fell flat on their face on the gravel. I had one screaming child and one emotional dad to deal with! Luckily there was no damage done other than a scrapped nose and chin. I think the dad was in more of a state than the child was!

The next child then arrived and realised she'd forgotten her teddy. She doesn't even look at it when it's here, but mum made a bit of a fuss about how they'd left it at home. I don't think the child would have noticed if mum hadn't said anything! So, I had one upset child crying over a teddy they're not even bothered about! A sort through the teddy box solved that one and the child clutched a cuddly cat for all of 30 seconds before they dropped it on the floor and started playing. I put it back in the box and they haven't even noticed.

The third child arrived as happy as ever. He came running in with no incidents at all...what a relief

It looks like we might have rain again today, so we're going out for a walk now while it's dry. We're going to collect leaves, sticks and anything else we can find. I haven't quite decided what we'll do with them when we get back home, so I'll just make it upas I go along!

Have good days all.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

goodness me! what a morning you've had already!

We did the school run, and then stopped to go conker hunting on the way home! a quick visit to the post office ( max of 2 customers at any one time so feels very safe ) and a chat to one of my little ones Godmother. Came home and went acorn hunting in the garden. Think the squirrel has got them all! We've got a pile of leaves too ... they are drying on the aga ... no idea what we'll make from them! probably just glue or paint them!

so much to do and think about this time of year .... Autumn and harvest. I'm missing our school harvest assemblies and service in church. It usually spurs us on to talk about harvest, but at the moment, autumn leaves and conkers are more interesting.

I have 2 little ones today, and both are rather tired and grumpy and neither are settling to anything! Once we'd collected some leaves in the garden neither were bothered about playing outside and just wanted to come in! we've read lots of stories, but really, they just want to go to sleep! early lunch and bed i think!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mouse! What a start. Poor dad, he probably felt really guilty.

I attempted painting for the first little one. Gosh, it's been a good few years since I did painting with a young toddler - I do now wonder how I ever managed it with three. He's really not keen on aprons so I stripped him to his nappy and was about to put on some old 'painting clothes' but he just wanted to get stuck in. Fine by me, as the house was really warm. Obviously he got some all over him and the red paint has stained a bit. Looks like he has a rash. Hopefully it will fade a bit by home time. We've had a sensory tub of craft feathers out, which was rather lovely. I've not done that one before.

We have started staying home and just doing garden play in the mornings. I love my morning walks but this little one always falls asleep in the pushchair, even if we try and get back for 11, and it messes up our whole routine. So we are having our outings in the afternoon at the moment.

I'm on a virtual safeguarding course this evening. Glad I don't have to travel to it.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone we have been out to the woods this morning, it is raining again here and the long term forecast is rain everyday for the next week in my area, it feels like we have had everyday for such a long time. The children love being out whatever the weather but it would be nice to have a dry day or two.

This afternoon the little ones are having a rest then it will be school run time before we know it.

Enjoy the rest of your day and don't forget its Bake off night
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza ....

one summer, not long after the film avatar came out ... we were painting in the garden. one little girl was prone to stripping off, so as long as nappy stayed on, we tended to let her get on with it! ... everyone was busy painting and i looked up to see this little girl, covered head to toe in blue paint ... even her hair! she'd had great fun, in a blink of her eye, rubbing paint everywhere! and despite being washable paint, and sitting in paddling pool! it just didn't want to come off!

Dad couldn't stop laughing when he collected her and it took days for the blue to fade !!!!

7. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh loocyloo that's hilarious! Great that the dad was so good about it (my mindees mum was too), but can you imagine the utter horror some parents would feel, lol.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bother bother bother!

I was just about to put the reminder on for bake off when my mum rang, and so I didn't ( I've just realised ). I chatted to mum for half an hour, and then did a zoom thing. DH is sitting here watching tennis and I've missed it! I just said I'd watch it on catch up, but apparently it's an important tennis match! ... not the final, not well known players and boring as anything!

11. Likes Maza liked this post