Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

Good morning!

I’ve got a parent and child coming to visit this morning so I’ve had a quick tidy round and got a few toys out. I should have had a family coming last Friday, but annoyingly, they were a no show. It’s particularly frustrating when I arrange a visit on my day off and they don’t turn up. I had messaged them beforehand to remind them they needed to be symptom free, would have to wash their hands on arrival etc, and they’d messaged back to say ok. Then they just didn’t turn up! Very rude!
    As it turns out though, the child visiting today will be a much better fit due to their age and the hours they need, so it’s quite lucky the other one didn’t come last week

Then this afternoon I’m going to meet a friend in town for coffee. We were both a bit unsure if we’re allowed to meet up, but I’m sure we’re ok as there are only 2 of us. It’s mentally exhausting how I’m questioning everything I do and feel permanently guilty that I’m getting the rules wrong! Life was so much easier when we were in full lockdown and just knew we couldn’t do anything

Have good days all. If you’re working, keep going, the weekend is in sight

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Mouse, it was easier to know what to do when we were in full lockdown! Hope your prospective parents are nice.

Today mindee didn't cry on handover, so that was good progress. I was looking forward to seeing if we would have more success at naptime but he fell asleep in the pushchair while we were out. We had a lovely morning at the duckpond and then down lots of 'countryside-ish' paths and walkways. It's so nice having an excuse to do these things again. We found lots of feathers (didn't pick them up) and so this afternoon we are going to stick some feathers on an owl mask that he 'coloured in' yesterday.

I got a couple of nasty bites yesterday in the wood and they all red and swollen and a bit itchy.

Can you believe Donald Trump has covid?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon!

Hope your parent visit went well Mouse. I never chase 'no shows'! And something better comes along. I once had a mum ( from school ) who wanted me to look after her DD ... but wouldn't make an appointment to visit 'I'll just pop in'. I explained I didn't work like that, but she wouldn't make a make an appointment! She knocked one morning and said she'd been trying for weeks to visit me, but I was never in! I said that was why I made appointments as I liked to get out and about! I did however invite her in for 20 mins, but said I was going out as had a prior arrangement. She then said that she thought her DD would be overlooked if I was out and about, and that she thought I picked up too many from school! She was most put out when I then said that I didn't have the space we'd originally discussed, as I presumed she didn't want it, plus she didn't seem happy with what I provided. She said she thought childminders stayed at home and only looked after babies! ( goodness knows who she thought I was collecting from school! )

Hope the buggy sleeping wasn't too much of a problem Maza. I have had several that wouldn't settle in a travel cot, so slept in lay flat buggy until a bit older and more used to coming to play!

We've been out at the zoo and really enjoyed not having to do a school run today!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Hope your parent visit went well Mouse. I never chase 'no shows'!
    I don't chase them either! Last week I waited half an hour, then packed the toys away and got on with my day. It annoyed me because I'd messaged her earlier in the day and she could easily have said then that she wasn't coming.

It all worked out for the best though. The mum I saw this morning was lovely and asked for the space straight away. The only slight issue is that she didn't bring her child with her! In my introduction email I explain the changes I have made because of covid and ask that only one parent comes for the first visit. I think she thought that meant don't bring your child She's bringing him along on Monday so we'll take it from there.

5. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

. I think she thought that meant don't bring your child She's bringing him along on Monday so we'll take it from there.
    brilliant!

at least you could chat!

I once had a mum bring me a photo of her child ( instead of her child ) ... i did say, that as child was going to be a schoolie, I did need to meet him, to see how he would fit in with my regular crew ( 2 others about to all go into the same class ) ... She was very put out and kept saying 'he's just a normal boy' .... ... he did start and did a few weeks, but he just didn't settle and wasn't a good fit ( and did have a large number of issues that were not disclosed to me! ) I felt awful telling mum it wasn't working, but everyone was very unhappy. Luckily he went to a fellow childminder who had an assistant and didn't particularly have schoolies, and so could offer the support that was needed. I had already approached this minder to ask if she would be interested, and could I pass her details on. I then told mum that she had to tell minder about issues from the start, as child needed people to know, so he could settle. Since then, i have always made sure to say 'i'm looking forward to meeting you and X' !!!!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My last day for a week. I’ve been helping out all week doing extra days for two families as they are related and the mums have gone to turkey together; now getting early flights to arrive home very early tomorrow. So I have a flower delivery once a month but decided to give it to DD1 as I’m going to be away. Then neighbour knocks and gives me a huge bouquet for looking after her dogs last week end as it was her father in laws funeral in Wales, so DD gets another bunch of flowers. Fast forward to 5.00pm and one of the dads from the family I’m helping this week turns up with a box of chocolates and.... More flowers. Needless to say that DD has gone home a very happy lady with 3 lots of flowers costing in excess of £60!!! You couldn’t make it up!!!

8. Likes Maza, Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post