Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Thursday

What a drama we had this morning!

The first child had just arrived when one of the cats came running indoors with a live mouse! He ran straight off upstairs with it in his mouth and hid under DS's bed! At one point he let it go and I thought we were going to lose it. Luckily he grabbed it again and ran back downstairs. We were trying to corner him, but he kept growling at us. The next child then arrived and, as I opened the door, the cat went running off outside with it and dropped it in front of the mum's feet! I was flapping around but she was totally unfazed. They live out in the countryside and she said she's used to her cat bringing animals in The poor mouse looked a bit worse for wear by this time, but we found a box for it and she took it back home to release it into the field behind her house. She messaged later to say it was fully recovered by the time she got home and had run off into the field. I owe her big time

The rest of the morning improved after that. We spent most of the morning outside, came in for lunch and now the children are asleep. The cat's still outside and I'm not letting him in until I'm sure he's alone

2. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mouse what a drama, our pets definitely challenge us......last night we took our puppy down to the beach as I had finished a bit earlier and he loves down there, it was really quiet as the weather wasn't that great so we let him off so he could have a good run about then he spotted a seagull, decided to give chase and that was that, totally ignored us refused to come back and we spent what felt like for ever trying to get him back to put him on his lead. DH said he had never been so embarrassed as there was another couple waking their very well behaved dog. I am trying to decide if we need to go to puppy classes or get some help with his training, we haven't used classes before for our previous dog DH is quite old school when it comes to dog training but I have tried reward based training but it doesn't seem tone working ! DH has left the training to me as he works away a lot but whatever I am doing isn't working!

The weather has been grey and damp again today we haven't been up to anything exciting the children have had their own thing going on.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Mouse, that's the only thing I don't like about cats. I bet the children loved it though.

We have spent most of the morning outside too. It's a stunning autumn day. We went to see some horses and cows and then tried to spot some squirrels like the one in our favourite story. Luckily we spotted loads. It was so lovely out that I think we might go back there this afternoon when he wakes to make the most of the weather, as I'm sure it wont last.

Mindee has just nodded off, so I am going to try and sneak out of the room and fold some laundry in the next room.

I caught up on Bake Off last night. Dave - the one who dropped his cakes last week - really reminds me of the lead singer from The Killers.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We went out to feed the ducks and for a walk. We collected leaves and acorns ( I've got a new book from the works called 'little acorn' which tells the story of the oak tree life cycle. The children love it and like the squirrels too Maza!

2 asleep and 3rd making a huge mess in the sandpit and water, adding lots of leaves and stones! Luckily my sandpit is a tuff tray on the stand, so not much sand and easy to empty! She's also got the tellytubby plastic figures and is chatting away to them.

My cats are always bringing presents! I think there might be something under the fridge as one of them keeps looking! I can't see anything, but as it's huge, I'll get DH to help me look later!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Last day of sunshine here in Kent so they say. Went for a nice walk this morning. Trying to sort myself out ready to go away on Saturday but still got more than usual children tomorrow so can’t clear away yet

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust my DH is old school too when it comes to training and I am rewards based - and like you, it wasn't really working - not quickly enough anyway. DH had to get very firm/cross with him about his jumping and I have to say it has worked. He doesn't jump anymore. We haven't let him off the lead yet as he isn't great at recall. He can now sit in a room with my mindee and they can just each do there own thing. For the first couple of days they had to be in separate rooms unless we restrained the puppy and it was very stressful.

8. Likes Pixie dust liked this post