Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

This morning I was running late and typically, one of the parents arrived 10 minutes early. Luckily her child was happy to play while I finished getting ready. It's amazing how much you can get done in those last few minutes!

It's a grim day today and isn't showing any signs of brightening up. Although yesterday started off cold, we had glorious sunshine by mid-morning and it was lovely outside.

Did everyone manage to watch Bake Off last night? No spoilers in case anyone hasn't seen it yet! I went to bed to watch it, which is something I never do. Now I know why I don't watch TV in bed - I slept through half of it

I hope you're all enjoying your days

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

It's bright but a tad drizzly! We went for a walk and collected leaves and apples! We're just pottering and might make some apple crumble later! ( but grrrrr .... can't find any of my silver foil dishes! )

Got tired children though who seem to be taking it in turns to sleep!

Exciting day .... DS has gone off to uni. It won't sink in for a few days, until I 'notice' that he hasn't been here for tea for a few evenings!

Edited to say .... yes, i did watch bake off, but somehow missed loads! However, the final bakes were good and the person who won show stopper was amazing!

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Been over fields and dirt track .children had the best time running up banks, sliding or running down, swing been put up on a tree in quite a isolated spot so that was a bonus pushing that about ( to small to go on it). Took them out to use up so much energy they had, they are asleep now and I’m worn out!

All had all in one suits and wellies on so didn’t matter how dirty they got. Which is just as well as they got very dirty.

Said it is going to rain heavy later.... again

forgot about the bake off will watch tonight hopefully.

6. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like great fun Dragonfly. We have been busy out in the garden and it was sunny this morning but it has clouded over now.

I made DH watch Bake off which he wasn't too happy about but he had been sitting watching tv all afternoon, he works away and then when he is home for a couple of weeks he has got in the bad habit of sitting in front of the TV after lunch and then not moving until we have our evening meal. I don't know how he does it as I feel guilty if I watch more than 2 episodes in a row on Netflix where he will thing nothing of watching 6 in a row! I think needs some hobbies to keep him busy
    Pixie Dust

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Only school runs for me for the rest of this week. So today I spent The morning in the garden Potting on lots of seedlings. Then dig up some plants for a friend and just finished planting a rhododendron before it started pouring with rain. Then I just managed to get the last child back in the car on the afternoon school run as it started pouring again. Good bye summer, please don’t let autumn be wet

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was also running a bot late mouse because I found, not one, but three spiders before 8am. One was on the sofa and we still haven't found it (I was so cross with DH for being too slow when I called him). I have washed the throw from the sofa now though. One was on DD's rucksack as she put it on her back. The other was on a towel hanging on a door handle.

I took my little one out this morning in the pushchair for the first time and annoyingly he fell fast asleep, bless him. So I wasted about 15 precious minutes of his sleep walking home. Then I put the pushchair in the utility and let him sleep, but it meant that I couldn't put on a load of washing, which I needed to do. Also, I was making reasonable progress with getting him to fall asleep in his travel cot (mum holds him), so I had wanted to crack on with training him, but hey ho. On a positive though, I absolutely love my 'new' pushchair (we got it from a charity shop). It's my favourite so far.

We made potato wedges/chips together today in the hope that he would eat them - he didn't. We had fun making them though. We got out our playdough that made yesterday and I was about to get out lots of resources to go with it, but then realised that he was quite happy just exploring it - squishing, rolling, patting it etc. Sometimes less is more. Then the dog casually walked past, swiped it and gobbled it up.

10. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly, Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Then the dog casually walked past, swiped it and gobbled it up.
    Oh Maza, that did make me laugh!!

We've had playdough out all week, but without all the cutters etc. The children have enjoyed decorating it with glass beads, buttons etc.

What pushchair did you get? I don't often need to use mine now, but I still like to know what other people recommend!

I take it you don't like spiders then I have to be honest, they don't bother me at all. My sons hate them though. I caught one the other day and was going to put it in the plant pot outside the back door. They made me walk to the bottom of the garden to get of it, in case it came back indoors!

12. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

Exciting day .... DS has gone off to uni. It won't sink in for a few days, until I 'notice' that he hasn't been here for tea for a few evenings!
    Has he gone far, Loocyloo?

I've got 2 sons at uni now. One has just started his masters and already lives away from home. The other has started as a mature student. It's something he wanted to do for a while but was working full time. He was made redundant due to Covid and hasn't managed to get another job, despite applying for loads. Now seemed the perfect time for him to go to uni,, so that's what he's done. He still lives at home so we won't notice any difference!

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse, it's a Baby Jogger city classic. It's discontinued we think. DH was telling our neighbour about it as she also works in a charity shop. She said she didn't think they were allowed to sell second hand pushchairs - so that worried us a bit, but I think she must be getting confused with car seats because I know they can't sell those second hand.

Oh loocyloo, hope you are bearing up! x

And no Mouse, I don't like spiders. I am petrified of them and dread this time of year.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Has he gone far, Loocyloo?

I've got 2 sons at uni now. One has just started his masters and already lives away from home. The other has started as a mature student. It's something he wanted to do for a while but was working full time. He was made redundant due to Covid and hasn't managed to get another job, despite applying for loads. Now seemed the perfect time for him to go to uni,, so that's what he's done. He still lives at home so we won't notice any difference!
    About 100ish miles/2.5 hr drive. not too bad... it's only takes that long as we have to drive for an hour/hour & half to actually get on a motorway! He's facetimed ... got his room all sorted and was about to go and cook himself some tea. Just hoping the other lads in his flat ( in halls ) can show him how the oven works at some point .... we've had an AGA ever since we moved ( over 9 yrs ago ) so he doesn't have any idea about 'normal' ovens !!!! and what with lockdown .... he hasn't been able to really go anywhere for anyone to show him how to work one !!! I'm sure he'll work it out though! It's funny ... it seems really quiet at home ( DD is out ) yet, most of the time he was home, he was sitting in his bedroom with headphones on !!! ( although the past week or so, he's been sitting around and chatting with us, so it makes it harder really )

Hope your DSs enjoy this year at uni. It's going to be different, but for those starting ... they won't know any different!

17. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Mouse, it's a Baby Jogger city classic. It's discontinued we think. DH was telling our neighbour about it as she also works in a charity shop. She said she didn't think they were allowed to sell second hand pushchairs - so that worried us a bit, but I think she must be getting confused with car seats because I know they can't sell those second hand.

Oh loocyloo, hope you are bearing up! x

And no Mouse, I don't like spiders. I am petrified of them and dread this time of year.
    Aww, thanks Maza. ... doing ok! ... I think it will hit me over the weekend when he doesn't appear downstairs for a meal! I've already noticed that the milk hasn't gone down today !!!! He would get though a couple of pints in no time!

That's a nice buggy Maza! I was looking at those at one point! I used to have a quinny/maxi cosi Speedi that i loved, but it was impossible to get parts for, and after 15 plus years of constant use, it finally gave up! I've currently got a Huack 3 wheeler, with Evo wheels ( i like the wheels ... no punctures! ) but it's quite narrow and i'm not that struck. I got it second hand, but i really need to to get something else! I use an out & about double that i love ... but 2nd hand singles go for nearly as much as a new one! plus, i'm miles from anywhere, and they are nearly always 'collection only' on ebay!

Go conker hunting and then scatter them around the house to deter spiders! good luck.

19. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to have conkers everywhere - but now the puppy would eat them. Not sure they would be effective in the places that are out of reach, but maybe I should try anyway.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

You were really lucky with the pushchair Maza. I think charity shops are allowed to sell them.

I’ve used a double out and about pushchair for years, usually second hand ones but the one I’ve got now was new though I brought it about 3 years ago.Then a young Childminder was giving up childminding and moving to the states so she sold me her single out n about one £40 bargain!

I like bargains so if I saw a pushchair I liked in a charity shop I would get it ....
    Hopefully the two I have now will see me out though.

Oh and now I keep looking around the room for spiders, hadn’t thought about them till you said about them. I don’t mind most but not those big ones.

22. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post