Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

Welcome to a new week

It’s so cold this morning I’ve had to shut the playroom window! Since I reopened and the advice was to keep the room ventilated, I’ve pretty much had a window open all day, every day. I did open it when I first got up this morning but have shut it before the first child arrives. I think I’ll open it when we go out to play so fresh air can have chance to circulate before we come back in. I know some schools are telling their student’s to wrap up warm because they’ll be leaving windows open all the time. It reminds me of one school I went to where there wasn’t any heating. It was freezing in winter but we weren’t allowed to wear coats indoors. I can’t remember ever being ill though so it must have hardened us up

Yesterday I went to our local shopping village to get some slippers. It really wasn’t much fun. We had to queue for every shop we went into and it was cold waiting outside. We didn’t even bother with some shops because the queues were so long. And after all the queuing I didn’t even get any slippers! Shopping certainly isn’t much fun anymore

I hope you all had good weekends and that you’re ready for the week ahead. Good luck to all those who have got children heading off to uni

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

It is definitely cold today! I've just popped up to the library and needed my thick coat. Last monday i was in a strappy top !!! I usually have my playroom window open, but it was so windy one day last week, it kept blowing everything off the windowsill! I also have kitchen and downstairs toilet windows open. It is a touch chilly! I've asked all children to come with a fleece jumper to put on if it gets particularly cold! ... my house does get cold, although the kitchen is usually warm due to the aga! but the heat doesn't really travel as we have thick walls!

I'm taking DS to his uni food shop today and have ( shhhh ) done a bit of online christmas shopping! The Works, Etsy and M&S !!! Think i've more or less sorted everyone except for DH/DD/DS and my Mum! In the past few years i've bought Oxfam Unwrapped gifts for Christmas for majority of family/friends, and shall carry on this year, although I may look at some other charities that also do the same sort of thing. Mouse; I've got totally fed up with shopping in real shops too! I've never been that keen on shopping, but unless i know exactly what i want, and that a shop has it, i really can't face queing to go in. I know it isn't helpful to those shops, and i do want to support them, but i just can't be doing with it!

I am also looking for new slippers! DH has got some 'gumbie' slippers that appear to be lasting really well ... i'm tempted, but they don't look/feel that soft and snuggly! I did get some croc slippers ... but they were made of felt and were totally useless after one wear! ( sent them back ... they were expensive too! ) I'm thinking about maybe just some croc style shoes with a fleece liner ... but i'd want it to be washable, and it appears the liners are not washable!

have a good day everyone xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Morning!

In the past few years i've bought Oxfam Unwrapped gifts for Christmas for majority of family/friends, and shall carry on this year, although I may look at some other charities that also do the same sort of thing.
    Loocyloo, have you seen Lendwithcare for christmas presents?

Microfinance from CARE International UK

Over the years I've done Oxfam type giving gifts, but recently found lendwithcare and have given gift vouchers through them.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Loocyloo, have you seen Lendwithcare for christmas presents?

Microfinance from CARE International UK

Over the years I've done Oxfam type giving gifts, but recently found lendwithcare and have given gift vouchers through them.
    That looks really interesting, thanks Mouse x