Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Panic buying again!

How are your supermarkets?

Our neighbour mentioned last week that there were signs of people panic buying again and we thought, surely not...

It's now obvious that people are panic buying again around here. Same items as last time are low in stock - loo roll, tissues, medicine, pasta...

We've tried various supermarkets and online deliveries too.

How is it where you are?

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Will find out today when I go to the shops. Hope people are not panic buying again.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting a delivery slot has definitely got harder again. On Monday I tried booking an Ocado slot and the earliest I could get was the next Monday. It’ll be interesting to see if everything I’ve ordered is still in stock.
    I have also used Amazon Prime deliveries from Morrison’s and they’re still quite easy to get for next day delivery.

Last night I went to Costco for the first time in months. The toilet roll and kitchen roll have already been limited to one pack per account. There was plenty available so they’ve obviously learned from last time and limited it before people get chance to panic buy.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dd went to get her uni shopping and picked up the last bags of flour in Aldi. I did need them but she said people were putting triple the amount of pasta etc into trollies
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to queue on the Morrisons page to get my click and collect slot, will have to see if we get all we have ordered which includes pasta for DS2 heading back to uni tomorrow. You would have hoped that people had learnt last time that if they only buy what they need there would be enough to go around. I do worry that DS2 will not have food for uni especially if they end up self isolating plus my eldest lives in a small village and they don't have their own transport so they rely on supermarket deliveries and last time they ended up using Amazon food delivery as they couldn't get any normal supermarket delivery slots.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh no .... that was/is my fear, especially with DS about to go off to uni!

We're going to do a uni shop this weekend! I do have a couple of bags of pasta and rice that he can take .... his nearest supermarket is a 15 min walk, and I guess supplies goodness knows how many students! DH and I wanted DS to go to a catered Hall, but he doesn't do breakfast, is unlikely to be around for lunch and is not fussy as such, but doesn't like food that has been 'sitting around' as he puts it! ( he almost includes slow cooker meals in that! )

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn’t notice any panic buying whilst out this morning.

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We went into Home Bargains this afternoon and all the paracetamol had gone! There's usually loads of it, but the whole section on the shelf was empty. That happened when we were first going into lockdown but I was surprised to see it had happened again so quickly.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Tesco and Sainsbury’s are putting limits on certain things now. Hopefully this will help the situation. I still don’t understand why people were and are again, panicking over toilet rolls. I didn’t go short on anything I needed before. I may not of got the same make but I still got something.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lidl had everything this morning .... except SR flour ... however, lidl can randomly not have something!