Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

We've got another fresh morning, but the sky is blue so I'm hoping we have a repeat of yesterday and it warms up quickly. After a cold start yesterday it turned into a lovely day and we spent all afternoon outside.

How's everyone feeling about the new coronavirus measures coming into force? The 10pm curfew on pubs doesn't bother me, but I'm waiting to see what else Boris comes up with. Hopefully nothing that stops us working!

What are your experiences with kinetic sand? Does it work like it does in the TV adverts? Is it worth getting or am I best sticking with play dough? I want something different for the children that isn't wet or messy!

Have good days everyone.
    Last edited by Mouse; 22-09-2020 at 10:17 AM.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning its lovely here. One of my after school mindees birthday was yesterday so we are going to have cake later.

Does anyone else think about the restrictions. So I can go to the pub till 10pm (not as I do) but its not safe after 10pm.

We were told to go eat out to help out and now its no you went out too much so now you have to stay in.

Maybe its me who is being cynical
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I AM EXHAUSTED!! I don't know how you all do it! I had my one mindee again this morning for a longer settling in session. He's lovely, but I have so many logistical things to think about. It's totally different to the last time I was minding. I have a different house (suddenly seeing hazards everywhere), a different school run for DD, but the biggest challenge is the puppy. I honestly don't know how you minders with dogs take it all in your stride. My new garden has some steps in it too, which are a pain. I would love a totally flat garden, but hey ho. I planned an activity and the mindee just wasn't interested, lol. I don't mind that though, that's just part of the fun.

I was supposed to be having a mum come round this afternoon but she cancelled. She had wanted term time only, which I said I wasn't offering at the moment, and so she said she would do all year round. We booked a meeting and then last night she cancelled saying that she really does need term time only. Fair enough. I hadn't really warmed to her anyway. At least now I can recover from this morning in peace!

I've got a gousto box arriving this afternoon, so at least dinner will be easy.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!
    Glorious day here . 20° and I'm on the beach! I had to pick something up from a children's centre near the coast, so thought we'd have a walk .. We've ended up having lunch! We do have to leave in a bit to head home, but the children are having a ball in the sand!

Maza . . Sounds like a lucky escape and you'll soon get back into the swing of minding! One Mindee is hard work though!

I'm not sure what to make of the measures so far ... it does sound like they are making it up as they go along ...BUT.... this is a new 'thing' so no preplanned plan to follow!

I just hope they sort out getting the tests readily and quickly and locally ASAP!

Mouse .... I've made 'cloud dough ' which is, I think, basically kinetic sand .. i think it was 5 cups flour to 1 cup veg/baby oil. .. it moulds really well ... but still gets spilt on floor and is incredibly slippy! We only use it outside.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Mouse, I've tried kinetic sand. I just got a small pack as it was only for DD. She loved it. It is a great sensory alternative to ordinary sand and good for indoor play too as it doesn't seem to 'spread' everywhere if they drop some. It's expensive though isn't it?

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had a lovely day, the children were so excited to be going out to the woods and the weather has been lovely today but apparently its all change tomorrow.

Maza know how you feel re puppy, we only have an issue when we move from inside to the garden as our puppy stays in the kitchen but when we go out I have to put him in his section of the garden but he wants to be with the little ones but he is far too bouncy at the moment. He is a little stubborn and I end up carrying him outside I think he is going through a stage at the moment as walking has turned in to a nightmare with his pulling we just keep working at it.

Haven't really seen much about the latest restrictions all I know is Boris is doing a speech at 8pm then its Bake off time
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know Bake Off was on again!!!

Oh Pixie, it's funny hearing other people's puppy stories!

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah 👏👏 the bake off tonight. I’m so sad I know 🙄

15. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had a beautiful very warm day here from 7 in the morning till 7 at night. Spent the day in the garden with the one minder I had. We potted on lots of seedlings together and talked about how the flowers will die off and these will be new ones for next year. She was totally engrossed. I’m enjoying just having one small one instead of 2 or 3 like usual.

17. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post