Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

Brrr...it’s cold out there this morning. I only nipped out to the bin but my feet were freezing. I’m going to have to think about swapping my flip flops for slippers!

I only have 3 year olds on a Monday and I do enjoy having just one age group. It’s simple things like being able to leave the scissors on the craft table. I don’t do that when the 1 year olds are here, but I do like the 3 year olds to have free access to them. I always used to like having babies here, but now I definitely prefer the 3 and 4 year olds. I would like to get to the stage where I’m only taking on nursery aged children and having them for a year before they go to school, but the mums keep having a babies and asking me to have them!

Has anyone got any exciting plans for the week? I ended up having a busy weekend and haven’t really thought about what we’ll be doing this week. I haven’t really planned anything so I’ll be winging it and looking for inspiration along the way

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning Mouse yes it's definitely colder in the mornings but the sun soon warms things up. I feel exactly the same as you as I used to love having the babies but now prefer the 3/4 year olds and have the same situation as currently have a mum who is on maternity leave with their second child who is already lined up to take their siblings place when they start school next year plus one of the after school families has a baby sister who is just 6 months old and they want a space when one comes up. I am still aiming to go down to a 4 day week next September but I need to stay strong and say no as as it stands at the moment I could have either a Monday/Wednesday or Friday as I have 3 moving on to school which means with a little moving about of 1 child I can have any off those as my day off, I am thinking Friday will be the better day as I can get things done then have the weekend free! The trouble is someone will come along and say they want "x" day and I will say yes

We are having our first little trip out this week to the woods as we haven't been out anywhere since lockdown apart from local walks but I have decided its time to get out and about a bit more, not sure if its the right thing or not but I live in an area where the 'R' is still really low compared to the rest of the country.

Have a good week everyone x
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

I prefer the slightly older children too... but need the babies to get them! And then, they go to school and I end up keeping them! I'm trying to reduce afterschool!

Pixie, rather than saying I don't work a Monday, I sometimes say I don't have any availability that day. Then I don't get parents asking me!

I'm going to have concerted push on please and thank you this week ... i have a particular 2 Yr old who could say both and did ... but now refuses point blank to say thank you and won't say please when asking for anything. If you ask if they want xyz, they nod and say yes please! It's soooooo frustrating! I've ordered a book that cheers when someone says please or thank you in it, so am hoping that will work!

Also ... any advice for an almost 2 who seems have developed extreme travel sickness over the past few weeks ... any car journey more than a few minutes results in sickness. Mum is getting travel bands and wonders if its because they didn't go in car much from March to August. I've suggested talking to HV/dr/pharmacist too.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a lovely day here. I love it when you absolutely don't need a coat but don't need sunhats/cream either. September can be great for that.

I'm not working today but am working tomorrow morning and then have a new family coming over in the afternoon. I'm starting to remember all the housework that goes hand in hand with childminding! I want to cook tonight's dinner this afternoon so that I can clear up early too. Not going to happen if I stay browsing on here though!

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It was chilly and very misty here this morning but lovely and sunny now. I cancelled the children today as I’ve had a nasty cold over the weekend and thought I’d keep my distance today. Feel much better now so back to work tomorrow

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Took dog to fields 5.30 am bit chilly but had a cardy on, Misty too, so hot now!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh hope you get better soon Sylvia - there are some nasty colds going around.

Dragonfly - do you see many other people at 5.30 when you go out?

9. Likes SYLVIA liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the slightly older children too... but need the babies to get them! And then, they go to school and I end up keeping them! I'm trying to reduce afterschool!

Pixie, rather than saying I don't work a Monday, I sometimes say I don't have any availability that day. Then I don't get parents asking me!
    I have said the same about older ones too, one of my little ones who starts school next September parents are going to try and send them to the village school even though its not their catchment school just so I can still have them !
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of people have colds round here too.

Well, don’t see anyone over the fields but it is dark and unless my torch picks anyone up then I won’t. If I do see anyone on the fields it’s usually just the one usual person. It’s surprising how many people you see in the village street not a lot but more than you think are about, usually delivery people, early shop workers certainly not the amount you see during the summer.

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Also I put a jacket on today!!

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post