Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

Good morning everyone.

It looks like we’re going to have another lovely day.

I seem to have got up this morning in a sorting out kind of mood, so I’m going to head out to the toy shed and get ruthless I really need to reduce my resources dramatically, so I’m on a mission to get sorting and selling. I also need to find a charity shop that will take more than one bag of donations at a time as I have a lot to get rid of. I had considered doing a car boot sale, but I think I’ve probably chosen the wrong time of year for that and I’m not sure how they work with social distancing.

Maza, a Christmas shopping update for you! I nipped to town last night for a look round and ended up picking up 3 stocking fillers! We’re not even out of September yet and I’ve already started. At this rate I’ll have it all done way before Christmas week

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Really proud of you Mouse!! Don't go putting them in a 'safe place' never to be found again until February!

I've been doing admin today and can't believe it's almost midday. Today will just go quickly and I've got such a long list of odd jobs to do.

It's another nice day, so I will do some gardening (aka watering my two tomato plants) and DH will take some more stuff from the garden to the tip - just general gardening rubble and old ugly plant pots that we can't believe we ever bought in the first place.

This evening we are having family Monopoly and pizza night.

What toys are you getting rid of Mouse? When I hear of people chucking things out it gives me the courage (sometimes) to do the same.

For those of you who did the £5 Wanderlust course on the hygge website, have you seen that the loose parts course is £5 just for today? I can't decide whether to do it or not. I know it will be lovely, but I don't know if really it will just be stuff that we already kind of know. Has anyone done the loose parts course?

4. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oo, thanks for that Maza ... how long is the loose parts course? I enjoyed the wanderlust course, but I can't say I particularly learnt anything new, but the weekly themes have some good ideas. I don't think I'll do the loose parts one, thinking about it!

Yes, another lovely day! We went for a walk in another village and discovered a new, huge, playground to be opened next month ... it looks great ... can't wait to go and play ... just in time for winter! The children are all tired/ over tired today .. got a very whingy 18mth old who won't give in and sleep! I've left him in travel cot with some soft toys and hopefully he'll drop off soon!

I've got a couple of bits for DD for Christmas ... either stocking or general present .. depends what she wants! But I can't get my head around Christmas yet! It doesn't feel as if we've been in 2020 long enough!

6. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently it's a half hour course loocyloo. There's a wanderlust facebook page and some people are following the weekly themes like a curriculum. I'm not sure I could manage that along with following the children's random interests, but I agree there were some lovely ideas to dip in and out of.

8. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Apparently it's a half hour course loocyloo. There's a wanderlust facebook page and some people are following the weekly themes like a curriculum. I'm not sure I could manage that along with following the children's random interests, but I agree there were some lovely ideas to dip in and out of.
    Oh goodness ... i couldn't follow it on a rigid basis, but it's nice to have the ideas!
    Thanks ... not going to do it if just 30 minutes!

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a crazy day, glad its all over, the children have been on their own secret agenda today not sure if its the wind whipping them up plus the 2 year old decided to bite someone today as they decided that was the best way to negotiate for a toy!

I am doing the Wanderlust course but not sticking to it rigidly, we have the beginnings of a nature shelf and we have done some of the activities suggested. I have found it useful to use alongside what we do already and for £5 it was a bargain.

I am now going to have a cuppa and find a film to watch.
    Pixie Dust

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Pixie dust, biting is the worst. Hope the parents were ok (and of course the child).