Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

It's definitely a lot cooler today, but it's still warm enough to be outside without coats or jumpers. I don't think the children actually feel the cold anyway. It's me who stands outside in the winter clutching a cup of coffee to keep warm! Last year I got a microwave heat pack that I could tuck inside my clothes and that was a real game-changer

It's a quiet day today with just 2 three year olds here. We take advantage of the 1 year old not being here and do activities that are a bit trickier when he's added into the mix!

Question of the day...flu jabs. Do you have one each year? If not, are you going to get one this year? I don't fall into any of the categories to get one on the NHS, but I've read that all over 50s (yes, I fall into that category!) should consider having one this year. I'd have to pay to have it done, which I don't mind doing, but I'm still undecided. I've never had one before and have only ever had flu a couple of times, but I don't really want to risk it this year.

I hope you're all having good days.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon,

I was looking forward to my day off today - haha, only started minding again yesterday, but I really was looking forward to my day off (to get chores done I must add))! I have had DD off all week with a bad cold but I sent her in today. Anyway, school phoned at 10.30 to come and collect her. They took her temperature and she was fine, thank goodness, and she doesn't have a cough. I had to wait in the car park and the receptionist said she would bring her out. Well, she came out like the pied piper! She had a trail of children who were being sent home ill! Shame, some of them were looking very sorry for themselves. Hopefully they have all just got this dreadful cold and sore throat that seems to be going around.

The microwave heat pack sounds very tempting Mouse.

Flu jabs - I probably wont get one. DD gets one at school (the sniff thing) and DH always gets invited for one because he has asthma, so hopefully I won't have anyone to catch it from - hope I'm not tempting fate.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We actually has some rain this morning which was a little unexpected but it has brightened up now. I always stand outside with my coffee too but sometimes when its really cold I stand in the doorway whilst they are running around

DH has the flu jab every year due to a medical condition and I too fall into the over 50s category, I have thought about having it but one year it made DH really ill afterwards which has put me off a bit!

I have 3 x 3 years old today who happily play together so I am trying to do some admin well until they start arguing
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We've had a lovely morning at a local farm, lots of social distancing and very clean. It's not cold, but definitely not nearly as warm as yesterday!

I've never had the flu jab, and I don't think I've ever had flu, but I'm wondering about it this year. I could pay at our local chemists.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have the jab. And yes well over 50 ☹️ But for medical reasons.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

P.s my husband got really ill one year after the jab .

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well after saying Monday how lovely it was to have the house to myself. Fate with a twinkle in her eye decided that ds2 would get up yesterday with Covid symptoms.

13 hours it took to get a test for him so now I'm back to a full house until the test results are back. Apart from dd1 who went back to uni on Sunday.

Isolation is rubbish worse than lockdown so boring.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Well after saying Monday how lovely it was to have the house to myself. Fate with a twinkle in her eye decided that ds2 would get up yesterday with Covid symptoms.

13 hours it took to get a test for him so now I'm back to a full house until the test results are back. Apart from dd1 who went back to uni on Sunday.

Isolation is rubbish worse than lockdown so boring.

Oh fingers crossed it comes back negative.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Fussy,
    Hope it's OK.

Did you go to a centre or get postal one?

I'm dreading it, as so many people are saying it's taking hours to be able to even find a test centre to go to, and some of them are a long drive away.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, bad luck Fussy. Does that mean you've had to close?

Fingers crossed for a negative result x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Fussy. Hope you get results soon. x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes I have had to close because he has symptoms

Dh and ds1 can't work its a logistical nightmare.

We managed to get an appointment at a local testing centre apparently no home tests available.

I think its being made worse the centre was empty apart from ds it looks like they don't have enough tests
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh,hope it comes back negative.Dreading having to close and isolate.

16. Likes loocyloo liked this post