Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

It's another lovely day so we're out in the garden enjoying the sunshine.

The children are playing happily and don't want me to join in, so I've been sweeping leaves and deadheading plants. I've given them some rose petals and they're using them to decorate a sand birthday cake they've made. They're all singing their own versions of Happy Birthday To You. Some know the words better than others, but I love to hear what they think the words are

Have good days everyone, whatever you're doing.

2. Likes Dragonfly, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How funny Mouse mine have been playing Birthdays too today! when I asked them how old they as its their Birthday one little one replied "I am really big now I am 8!" They are 3 in reality.

Its been really warm here today, DS has woken up with a cold which is a bit of a mystery as he doesn't go anywhere apart from out with me to walk the dog, he spends most of his day out the way in his room but one of the after school children had a cold Friday so I am guessing he managed to pick it from them!
    Pixie Dust

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Been collecting conkers, early this year. Toddlers are having a rest before water play/ mud play ( one asked for it again!) conkers are in water-play at the moment with dinosaurs!

Conkers will be used-for counting , paint rolling, to go round the edges of shape mats helpful for fine motor skills, rolling down guttering etc. Last week they used conkers and water in the kitchen for Conker soup yum.

It’s good for them to play independently isn’t it mouse? Children don’t need adult interaction constantly.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a mindeeeeeeeee! After taking a few years out for various reasons I finally started up again this morning. Just the one mindee at the moment and he just came for a two hour settling in session, but it was so lovely. We had a brief play in the garden but he was happiest playing inside with the train track and the dinosaurs. Such a lovely little chap. I hardly slept last night because I was so nervous! I had a dream that the parents went upstairs and the whole place was a mess and the wallpaper had fallen off, but I couldn't stop them going from room to room.

Enjoy the lovely weather everyone!

7. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I had a mindeeeeeeeee! After taking a few years out for various reasons I finally started up again this morning. Just the one mindee at the moment and he just came for a two hour settling in session, but it was so lovely. We had a brief play in the garden but he was happiest playing inside with the train track and the dinosaurs. Such a lovely little chap. I hardly slept last night because I was so nervous! I had a dream that the parents went upstairs and the whole place was a mess and the wallpaper had fallen off, but I couldn't stop them going from room to room.

Glad it all went well for you today.
    Pixie Dust

9. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post

It’s good for them to play independently isn’t it mouse? Children don’t need adult interaction constantly.
    Definitely! They learn so much from playing together without an adult.

I find it very interesting watching their interaction when there's no adult input. You see who the natural leaders are!

11. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

I actually thought of you this morning and wondered if it was this week you were starting with your mindee. It sounds as if it went really well.

If it's any consolation, despite all my years of childminding I still have dreams like that

13. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done Maza, sounds brilliant.

Loving all the birthday play.

We went to the woods and ended up in the beck! Lots of mud pies were made!

Got a stroppy 2 yr old who is having a tantrum because I said he couldn't get down from the table without asking/saying thank you. It's not a new rule ... he's been coming for 18mths and usually says it ( or approximation ) every time!

15. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post