It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

I’m still lying in bed although I’ve been awake for ages. It’s very quiet outside this morning. There’s hardly any traffic compared to normal and it reminds me of those first few weeks of lockdown when there were so few cars on the road. That seems a very long time ago now!

This morning I’m going to do a bit of gardening, mainly digging up my veg planter. Do you remember I planted some seeds when we went into lockdown? My first real attempt at growing anything. It wasn’t much of a success! I ended up with lots of green beans, but very little else. My peas produced 3 pods, my broad beans grew huge and had loads of flowers, but only produced 1 bean My carrots ended up about an inch long and my beetroot were the size of small radishes. The cauliflowers got eaten early on...by bugs, not by the family! I realise now I made some mistakes when I planted it up, mainly overcrowding. It’s been a learning experience though and I’m hoping for better results next year

Other than that I need to do a food shop, but I’ve got very little else planned. I was in a shop a couple of days ago and they were clearing some shelves. I’m guessing it’s ready for the Christmas stock

Have good weekends everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning....I am going to be doing some gardening too our grass needs cutting and we have lots of weeds that have appeared. Our veg growing has been a bit hit and miss too we have had great success with our carrots and salad leaves other stuff got enjoyed by some lovely slugs! We currently have some spring onions and spinach leaves growing. I signed up to one of those seed subscription boxes for the children so we get just a few various seed each month but I think I am going to stop it as it works out expensive over the year especially when we don't see results due to bugs and slugs eating them
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

I've had the same problems with my veg! ... my peas were not doing anything, so I planted some more ... then they all grew!!!! Same with my beans, but some dear child had moved my labels so I've ended up with runner and French beans on the same 'wigwams'!!! We've had alot of peas and beans though. My courgette has gone mad and is the size of a small tree! We're getting a few courgette though. 4 huge tomato plants but very few tomatoes! My cucumber plant grew one and then did nothing. 6 weeks later it suddenly grew and went mad ... but not had many cucumbers! Carrots and lettuce did nothing!
    I like growing veg, but it does seem alot of effort for not much reward, unless you have a huge veg patch!

X

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mouse I was nearly choking on my shreddies as I read that!

We've only attempted tomatoes this year, and they were freebies that someone was giving away from their driveway. We've had quite a few tomatoes but they are still green and probably won't ripen now. My neighbour got some from the same batch too and has had a few ripen - but hers were in a greenhouse and mine were outside.

Today I need to get a few bits and bobs for school for dd. I also fancy a good old mooch around the shops in town.

We're left with only half a fence up for the weekend and so the puppy has to be on a leash every time he goes in the garden and it is so annoying. More annoying for him though bless him, he used to spend half his life just exploring in the garden.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had my hair cut this morning. Then cut the grass and put all the fairy garden bits n pieces away. Wanted to dig up a few plants to move or give to a friend but I’ve got a sore cut on the sole of my foot and it’s in the exact spot I’d need to put on the spade when digging. So that’s a job to go back on the to do list. I grew tomatoes from seeds I took from a cherry tomato and have lots of green tomatoes but they are all slowly turning colour now. The pepper plants didn’t produce anything and haven’t had many runner beans either compared to usual years. Have a good weekend everyone