Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

What a wet and miserable morning. I have another child leaving today and had planned another party with outdoor activities - a treasure hunt, a picnic, some races. I lay in bed listening to the rain and replanning it all for indoors!

I have to say, I’m quite looking forward to getting back to some sort of normal from next week. When I reopened after lockdown all the children were on shorter hours and fewer days and they were swapping days as and when needed. One was only here temporarily and one was just doing odd days until she started school. It all felt very disjointed and haphazard. From Monday we”re back to set days and set hours and I feel as if I can get back into planning properly and having more of a routine in place. Now I just need more children to fill the empty spaces!

I hope you all have good days and manage to dodge any rain showers if you’re out on school runs!

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning ....raining here too but luckily our school isn't back until Monday. Not much really planned as Thursday is a busy day so I don't plan much, we just go with the flow as I have 2 x 2 years plus a 3 year old who like to do their own thing they enjoy a lot or role play at the moment, they make a car with the chairs and go off on imaginary adventures!
    Pixie Dust

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse I can see how you would be happy to get back to a proper routine. It's amazing how even as adults we do all need a routine for our sanity and emotional security.

We dropped DD off at secondary school this morning. She had arranged to meet three of her friends at the gate and they were beyond excited. I didn't think I was feeling particularly emotional about it, but then I saw groups of children meeting up with their friends, mums and dads straightening ties and watching their babies go down the school path until they were out of sight and I started welling up.

Before we left for school though, DH had an altercation with the neighbour whose garden backs onto ours. As I said yesterday we are having our fence replaced. We have communicated with the neighbours all the way, including 20 minutes before the altercation. DH had spoken to the wife to say that the fence between our gardens would be coming down in half an hour and so they might want to let their dogs out for a wee, which she agreed to, no problems. We don't think she told her husband though, and he let the dogs out later. They ran into our garden and so the husband had a swearing fit at the fencers, and then at DH. We're bracing ourselves for more of the same as the fence line isn't straightforward.

Today involves doing the admin from yesterday's list because I didn't do it. I also have to clean the house ready for a parent tomorrow who is coming for a second visit/get the contract. I need to get all the admin ready for that too. I'd better go and make a start.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The house doesn't feel right with the children going back for their first day back at school. Ds is already complaining that his shirts are too tight (they do look like they are) but he's 13 and I brough him 14-15 so not sure what to do.

Rained again on the school this morning will probably rain again later welcome to autumn term.

Maza our high school actively discourages parents from being at the school gate. I don't think mine would have allowed me to walk across with them
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Evening!

We had a great day out in the forest and the day whizzed by.

Hope DD had a good day Maza, and all is calm on the fence front.

I can't wait to get everyone back to school and get sorted and 'back to normal' x

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had a very muggy day in Kent. 22 degrees at 3.00 on school run. School has given difference drop off/ collection places and times for different years. Which would work well if only parents would follow instructions. Somebody suggested we went back to normal school hours and asked all parents to wear a mask. I think it would actually be better. Finally rained at 4.00 and is misty and drizzly now

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Sylvia . Normal times and masks. As it has upset my dAily routine with younger children needing to be dropped of later and collected earlier due to having to be at the school different times for older child.

Some nurseries here still not sharing settings also.