Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's the Bank Holiday weekend!

What's everyone been up to?

We had a skip delivered at the end of last week, so we've spent most of the weekend filling it! We've got it for another couple of days but I think we're about done now. I can't find much else that needs to go in it. I did try to take some bags to the charity shop yesterday but they've stopped accepting donations as they've been inundated. It's a shame I couldn't get rid of them at the same time as all the rubbish is going, but at least I've now got space in the shed to store them until I can find somewhere that will take them

Tomorrow we're going to go and visit a friend of mine who we haven't seen for a while. She lives about an hours drive away so we'll be there in time for lunch, then hopefully will be able to spend the afternoon relaxing in her garden. She is a keen gardener and her garden is beautiful and neat - unlike ours which is very wild and haphazard. It makes quite a change sitting in a garden where there are no children's toys and no paint splodges on the grass!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Especially if it's your last one before the children go back to school.

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We got back from our week away yesterday so have been busy catching up with the washing etc planning on having a chilled day tomorrow ready for work Tuesday. The children here don't go back until next Monday and the local school have only just released their plan for how its going to work and I need to find out if I am going to be allowed to take/collect the children.

The weather has certainly changed and Autumn is in the air !
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's freezing! DH has given in and put the winter duvet on today - in August! Never done that before!

DD starts secondary school on Thursday and so we are going to do a couple of nice things locally in the next few days. Not quite sure what - just nice walks. We were going to go for an ice cream - DD and I have been a few times this Summer and are working our way through the flavours. We spotted a rocky road one which we haven't tried before and were looking forward to trying it, but it's so cold we feel like going for a hot chocolate instead.

Literally just remembered that I don't have any name tags for her uniform.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds good everyone.

Pixie.. hope you had a lovely time in the lakes and it wasn't too ooooo wet for you!

We've come away to Northumberland for the weekend, and it's been great. Very relaxing. Bit ( haha try very! ) windy the first night, but lovely since then.

Hope everyone has a good last few days/ week before school.

Maza ... i used to just write on labels/tags with permanent pen! I then used iron labels. A tip I was given,.... if jumpers etc have logo on .... iron on the label on the inside of item behind logo .... then if item gets 'lost... label can't be cut out! X

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie.. hope you had a lovely time in the lakes and it wasn't too ooooo wet for you!

We had a few rainy days but still went out as we had the dog with us so he enjoyed lots of very muddy walks! I managed to read two and half books and do some of my sewing so it was lovely and relaxing. We are hoping to go back next year but stay in a different area as we were just outside Windermere on a lovely little farm but to go anywhere we had to drive through Windermere and the traffic was just horrendous, I feel so sorry for the locals but I guess they are used to it.
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's lovely Pixie! Was your dog ok with the change? Most dogs probably just take it all in their stride I guess.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    That's lovely Pixie! Was your dog ok with the change? Most dogs probably just take it all in their stride I guess.

He did really well in the car as it was quite a way from where we live but we had planned in toilet break stops, he soon adjusted to the accommodation the only problem was is that we have been bad and let him jump on the sofa when he was a puppy so he is used to doing that now at home but at the accommodation we had to stop him so we are now trying to keep him off the furniture at home its completely our own fault. We took a travel crate for him to sleep in at night. The main problem is since we have got home he his being a little terror on his walks really pulling and when we have let him off he has ignored us when we have called him back! He is nearly 7 months now. Going away with a dog was a learning curve for us as we haven't done it before and you forget about some of the silly things you can't do.
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes Maza liked this post