Good afternoon Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Wednesday

After a very blustery couple of days the wind does seem to be dying down slightly. I've lost a couple of solar lights that were hanging in a tree, but other than that, the garden seems to escaped any real damage. I'm not even convinced the wind has blown the lights away. Our resident squirrels have been known to pinch anything they take a liking to

I've just got 2 children here today. We spent a lot of this morning in the garden and they're now both fast asleep. Running round in the wind has obviously tired them out.

I've been trying to work out my availability for September but it's very difficult because parents still don't know what's happening with regard to starting nursery or school. One starting reception has been given a possible start date, but 2 going into year 1 still don't know when they'll be going back. And we assume one will be going to the school nursery but parents haven't heard anything other than an email asking if the want mornings or afternoons. I want to arrange a leaving party for the one going to school, but we don't know when that'll be! Term starts next week but it's impossible to plan anything.

I hope you're all having good days and haven't blown away!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Mouse how frustrating with all that uncertainty.

Well I have had a bit of good news. I have got a prospective parent coming round on Friday morning!!! They want 5 days a week! I'm excited but also nervous. It has literally been years since I had prospective parents round - and I've never had them at this house where I now live. So, that's my next two days planned out - I'll be scrubbing away and making the house and garden child friendly. My biggest worry is what to do with the puppy (he's 9 months, so still puppyish). He gets so excited and jumpy when he meets new people and if I lock him in another room he'll just wine and scratch at the door. I guess I could get DH to take him out straight after introductions.

Gosh, I've got to get my head around all the financial stuff - deposits, payment arrangements etc. It all just used to roll off my tongue but I'm very rusty now. I get the feeling that they have contacted lots of other local minders so I am trying not to get too excited. Either way, it will be good to get back in the swing of things and to get some parent feedback if they choose not to use me.

Have a lovely day everyone!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great news Maza

What are you planning to do with the puppy when you're working? Will he have his own space away from the children or is he going to be part of the gang?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A bit of both Mouse. He definitely has his own space and on the few occasions when DD has had friends over he is all over them initially and then just gets on with his own stuff/falls asleep. I can manage the situation (well, hopefully), but I will just feel self conscious doing it in front of new parents who are checking me out. He'll probably sense that and get extra hyper!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I will just feel self conscious doing it in front of new parents who are checking me out. He'll probably sense that and get extra hyper!
    Sound just like one of my sons

When I had parents visit I used to send him out for the day!

6. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good luck Maza, you'll be fine.

We have just had drizzle most of the day ... we went for a long walk this morning and they either napped/ played quietly this afternoon!