Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

Phew, I think that must have been the hottest night yet. If it hadn’t been for the fan and my cooling towel, I don’t think I’d have got any sleep. It has started off quite overcast this morning though and there’s even a bit of a breeze, so maybe it won’t be quite as warm today...or maybe that’s just wishful thinking!

We’ll do our usual thing this morning and head out into the garden as soon as all the children have arrived. I haven’t set anything in particular up yet (complete lack of inspiration) so we’ll wait and see what evolves. If it’s still hot this afternoon we’ll have a movie afternoon indoors with ice lollies and popcorn.

Have good days everyone

2. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

We’re expecting thunder storms this morning so have set up inside but am still hoping to go outside early.

I haven’t slept well for days but slept through last night till 4.30 when I get up ,I don’t feel better for it though feel exhausted.

Have a good day everyone.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning all.

I haven't slept well for the last week ... combination of having to lie in one position for my eye, and the heat! It feels cooler today and is cloudy .... I'm allowed up and about today ... so off to post office with DD and then we're out to lunch to celebrate DSs A level results as he's off out with his mates tonight! ( we'd have been taking a couple of little people with us if I'd been working! ) DS got higher grades than he needed for his preferred uni and is therefore off in September!

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Morning all.

I haven't slept well for the last week ... combination of having to lie in one position for my eye, and the heat! It feels cooler today and is cloudy .... I'm allowed up and about today ... so off to post office with DD and then we're out to lunch to celebrate DSs A level results as he's off out with his mates tonight! ( we'd have been taking a couple of little people with us if I'd been working! ) DS got higher grades than he needed for his preferred uni and is therefore off in September!
    Well done to your son LoocyLoo! Exciting times ahead

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo that's brilliant news about your son! Congratulations. Lovely that you are allowed to be up and about on his special day too.

Gosh we had amazing storms last night. I've never seen lightning go on for so long. Absolutely poured with rain for ages too.

DH has been working away now for almost three weeks and he's due back either tomorrow or Saturday. I never sleep well when he is away, so I can't wait to have a good nights sleep this weekend! Obviously I have missed him, but it has been nice watching my total nonsense on tv. I've also tried loads of new recipes. DD and I are working our way through our second gousto box. We've loved the novelty of having gousto but I don't think we can justify it once DH is back as we'll have to then start ordering meals for 4 rather than meals for 2 (they don't do 3!) and the price creeps up.

So, today I want to give the house a deep clean, iron some clean sheets and do a food shop ready for DHs return.

Sylvia - just read your post about your bin. Oh my gosh, that would have freaked me out. I'm such a baby with that sort of thing. Hope you got it sorted. There are so many bloomin' flies around at the moment.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone, we were supposed to have rain this morning but that didn't happen and it's really muggy here now. We went in the garden earlier and there was a breeze which was nice but thats gone now.

loocyloo congratulations to your son, will he be going very far away to uni? my youngest is heading back in September to do another 2 years as he want to be am Architect so he has already done 3 years then he had a year out working as thats what they do then back to uni for another 2 years! His year out working was going well until Covid hit then he ended up getting furloughed until June when his contract finished

Maza my husband works away and I love it when he is away as I get to watch all my favourite programs in peace and eat whatever I want then when he comes back he watches all his rubbish ! When he is home its so good as he cooks our dinner, does a lot of the day to day housework then when he is away everything goes to pot and I have to have a mad clean round before he gets back
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Maza and Pixie.

DS is going about 100 miles away, but it is THE uni for what he wants to do, so we're very happy for him. X

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Loocyloo congratulations to your son. I feeling so sorry for the students who haven't got the grades because of being downgraded :-(

We are still working on the garden it looks better than it did yesterday but a long way to go yet.

We have had thunderstorms the last two nights which have been amazing too watch. Cooler this afternoon which has been welcomed.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door