Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

It’s going to be a scorcher today!

I’m not working but I have got a few jobs I want to get done in the garden. I’m going to have a coffee then go and get started so Ive finished before it gets too hot. I’ve said before that I don’t cope well with excessive heat so I’ll probably spend the afternoon sat in front of the fan, trying to keep cool

One of my jobs today is to try and figure out a way of protecting my vegetable plants from the sun. They were growing really well but after a very sunny day last week, they all ended up frazzled. The leaves were so dry they crumbled and the lettuces looked like they’d been fried - brown, crispy leaves. I’m new to growing veg so don’t even know if I’m supposed to protect them from blazing sun. I’m sure farmers don’t go out and cover fields of crops with sunscreen, but I need to do something with my little patch.

Have good days everyone and stay safe in the sun

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my jobs today is to try and figure out a way of protecting my vegetable plants from the sun. They were growing really well but after a very sunny day last week, they all ended up frazzled. The leaves were so dry they crumbled and the lettuces looked like they’d been fried - brown, crispy leaves. I’m new to growing veg so don’t even know if I’m supposed to protect them from blazing sun. I’m sure farmers don’t go out and cover fields of crops with sunscreen, but I need to do something with my little patch

Morning Mouse, we have a slightly different problem in our little veg patch in that someone or should I say something has eaten our cabbages one minute there were lots of lovely plants the next day they had been stripped. I don't know much about growing veg either

Weather is hot here already so my mission of the day will be to keep everyone cool!
    Pixie Dust

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of watering Mouse I’m afraid mss a day and the veg suffer!

On another note does anyone else suffer with arthritis? Why is it my joints are so much more painful in the heat 🤷🏻*♀️🤷🏻*♀️So much more painful when the suns out.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon all ...

I've been missing in action ( on holiday ) and now I have to take 2 weeks off work but no .. not corona!

I had a spontaneous partial detached retina on Monday night, and have been in hospital since first thing Wednesday! I don't recommend it! Eye surgery under local anesthetic twice!!! Going home later today! (To holiday cottage,) then travelling home home tomorrow, then back up to this hospital for check up next week! Luckily it is only a couple hours drive from home home!

2 wks min off work and then 6 weeks before i can drive!!! But that's up to me and how confident I am that I can see!!!

All I can say ladies, is that if you think something is in your eye, but there isn't anything there ... see someone!!!!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh No Loocyloo, hope your eye gets better soon. Hope you are feeling ok in yourself!

PS. You are very brave having eye surgery under local anaesthetic I don't think I would like to be awake !
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness loocyloo. I've never heard of that. Were/are you in pain? Wishing you a speedy recovery. x

Pixie Dust, you asked about the portion sizes of the gousto box recipes. I would say they were fine. We've only had two meals and one seemed a little more generous than the other, but they were both ok. We were totally full, however, there were no left overs for lunch the next day like there might have been if I had cooked it myself.

Gosh, it's hot here in the midlands!

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Oh No Loocyloo, hope your eye gets better soon. Hope you are feeling ok in yourself!

PS. You are very brave having eye surgery under local anaesthetic I don't think I would like to be awake !

I didn't have an option! They need you awake to see what you can see!

Feel OK... just waiting for medication to go home!

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh loocyloo poor you. Hope you make a full recovery soon
    Pixie dust, it’s probably caterpillars eating your cabbages. We grew sprouts last year and they disappeared overnight.

It was 32c here at 11 when we finished our walk this morning. 2 siblings here today have spent the rest of the day in the lounge where it’s cooler. It’s clouded over now but so humid!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Blimey Loocyloo, you poor thing! I'd noticed you were missing but assumed it was just because you were on holiday.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Wishing you a quick and good recovery loocyloo

16. Likes loocyloo liked this post